With more than 15 million Nigerians living abroad in countries such as the US and the UK, remittances are big business for Access Bank. At WorldRemit, we’ve partnered with Access Bank to give Nigerians living, working or travelling abroad a safe, fast and low-cost way to send money to their loved ones back home. Access Bank money transfers can be made online, using any device, in minutes and from 50 countries around the world.
How can you send money to Access Bank, Nigeria?
Using our website or app, you can make a bank transfer directly to checking/current and savings accounts with Access Bank in Nigeria. One of the real benefits of our online bank transfer service is its speed - accounts with all major banks in Nigeria are credited in just minutes.
Due to local regulations, you cannot make a transfer to business accounts with Access Bank.
How do you make a bank transfer to Access Bank, Nigeria?
We’ve worked hard to make the process quicker, simpler and cheaper than ever before. You’ll need your recipient’s name (as it appears on their account) and their account number. You should also ensure that your recipient has a bank verification number (BVN) on file at the bank, so they can receive international money transfers. This will ensure there are no delays with your transaction.
Then follow these simple steps:
- In the ‘send to’ box above, select Nigeria as the country you want to send to
- Select the ‘Bank Transfer’ as the service you want to use
- Click the ‘Send Money’ button
- Set the bank payout-network to ‘Deposits to Access (Diamond) Bank NGN Accounts ONLY’
- You’ll see our exchange rate and low fees upfront
- Create an account if you don’t already have one
- Add the details of a new recipient or choose someone you’ve sent money to before
- Pay online
- You and your recipient will receive SMS and/or email notifications once the transfer is complete
What’s the limit for bank transfers to Access Bank, Nigeria?
There’s a maximum limit for Access Bank money transfers of 7,000,000 Nigerian Naira (NGN) per day. Although limits may be lower, depending on where you make the transfer from and your payment method. All transfers must be made in Nigerian Naira, so we’ll convert your currency before the transfer is made. We’ll show you the exchange rate you’ll receive upfront and consistently offer the most competitive rates.