WorldRemit launches money transfers to Pakistan
Award-winning money transfer app now available to Pakistani diaspora
London, UK, 23 September 2015: WorldRemit, ‘the WhatsApp of money’, today launches remittances to Pakistan. Customers in 52 countries can now send money transfers from the WorldRemit app to all bank accounts in Pakistan.
The State Bank of Pakistan has found that Pakistanis living overseas sent remittances amounting to $13.3 billion in first three quarters of 2014-2015, a year on year increase of 15%. 
WorldRemit launches its new Pakistan service in the middle of the Eid ul Adha festival, when remittances to the country traditionally surge. 
Remittances play an essential role in alleviating poverty and increasing economic growth in countries such as Pakistan.
Alix Murphy, senior mobile analyst at WorldRemit, comments: “For too long the Pakistani diaspora has had to deal with inconvenient and unnecessarily old-fashioned money transfer services. Using the WorldRemit app, Pakistanis abroad can now send money home just like an instant message”.
In February 2015 WorldRemit received a $100m investment round led by Technology Crossover Ventures (TCV), early investors in Facebook, Spotify and Dropbox.
 Business Insider
 World Bank - Annual Remittances Data 2014
 Kakleej Times - Record Pak remittances to shore up national economy
Note to editors
- WorldRemit’s logo is here
- Headshot of Alix Murphy is here
- WorldRemit currently enables 300,000+ transactions per month
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money.
- It’s easy – just open the app or visit the website – no more agents.
- Transfers to most countries are instant – send money like an instant message.
- More ways to receive (Mobile Money, bank transfer, cash pickup, and mobile airtime top-up).
- Available in 52 countries and 125+ destinations.
- WorldRemit raised $140M from Accel Partners and TCV – investors in Facebook, Spotify and Dropbox.
WorldRemit’s global headquarters are in London, UK with regional offices in USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
Read more: About us
Media contact: firstname.lastname@example.org