WorldRemit launches money transfers to Bosnia and Croatia
The ‘WhatsApp of money’ now available to Bosnian and Croatian diaspora
London, UK, 2 September 2015: WorldRemit, ‘the WhatsApp of money’, today launches remittances to Bosnia and Croatia. Customers in 52 countries can now send money transfers from the WorldRemit app to all Bosnian and Croatian bank accounts.
Most Bosnians and Croatians living abroad usually have to make inconvenient trips to expensive money transfer agents. With the WorldRemit app, they can now send quick and low-cost money transfers to their friends and family back home, 24/7.
The Bosnian diaspora, estimated at 2 million people worldwide, sends $1.993 billion home each year, while the Croatian diaspora, numbering some 4.5 million, sends $1.524 billion home each year.
Alix Murphy, senior mobile analyst at WorldRemit, comments: “Trekking to an agent to send money abroad just doesn’t make sense – they’re old fashioned, inconvenient and charge eye watering fees for the privilege. The Bosnian and Croatian diaspora can now download the WorldRemit app and make low-cost money transfers with just a few taps. We make sending money as easy as sending an instant message.”
In February 2015 WorldRemit received a $100m investment round led by Technology Crossover Ventures (TCV), early investors in Facebook, Spotify and Dropbox.
 Business Insider
 World Bank - Annual Remittances Data 2014
Note to editors
- WorldRemit’s logo is here
- Headshot of Alix Murphy is here
- WorldRemit currently enables 300,000+ transactions per month
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money.
- It’s easy – just open the app or visit the website – no more agents.
- Transfers to most countries are instant – send money like an instant message.
- More ways to receive (Mobile Money, bank transfer, cash pickup, and mobile airtime top-up).
- Available in 52 countries and 125+ destinations.
- WorldRemit is backed by Accel Partners and TCV – investors in Facebook, Spotify and Dropbox.
WorldRemit’s global headquarters are in London, UK with regional offices in USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
Read more: About us
Media contact: email@example.com