WorldRemit celebrates fifth birthday by scooping Deloitte Fast 50 Award
UK’s fastest-growing technology company
London, 27 November 2015: Global money transfer app WorldRemit is marking its fifth birthday with a double celebration.
On the eve of its anniversary, WorldRemit was named the UK’s fastest-growing technology company in Deloitte’s annual Fast 50 Award.
The company was recognised for its rapid growth and innovation since being established in November 2010.
Annual revenues grew from £73,000 in 2011 to £15 million in 2014. From a handful of staff in its first couple of years, WorldRemit now employs more than 200 people in London, Denver, Sydney and Tokyo.
Ismail Ahmed, founder and CEO of WorldRemit, said: “I wanted to achieve two things: first of all, to offer a remittance service that wasn’t slow and inconvenient to use and didn’t require customers to go to a store and fill out forms. Secondly, I wanted to build a business that could efficiently comply with anti-money laundering regulations. WorldRemit achieves both those aims.”
The Deloitte Fast 50 has been running for 18 years and is a well-trusted barometer of UK business success. Award alumni include Skyscanner, JustEat and YouGov.
The award was collected during an evening ceremony at London’s Langham hotel on Thursday 26 November.
Note to editors
- WorldRemit images for press here
- List of winners of 2015 Deloitte Fast 50 here
- Deloitte Fast 50 case study of WorldRemit here
- Deloitte report “Defining fast tech growth” here
- WorldRemit currently enables 300,000+ transactions per month
- Previous recognitions for WorldRemit have included membership in the UK’s Future Fifty programme and Innovate Finance’s Global Fintech Champion award
For more information, please contact email@example.com