Cameroon diaspora switches to WorldRemit to send money home
Money transfer app WorldRemit now sending over 11,000 transfers to Cameroon every month
London, UK, 7 April 2016: Money transfer app WorldRemit – the UK’s fastest-growing technology firm1 – has seen tremendous growth in Cameroon, with Cameroonians abroad now sending over 11,000 transfers every month.
With the WorldRemit app, people in more than 50 countries can send transfers to their friends and family in Cameroon– just like sending an instant message. WorldRemit is particularly popular with Cameroonians living in Canada, the United Kingdom, the Nordics, Germany, the United States and Australia among other markets.
Funds can be received as a bank transfer at any Cameroon bank; as mobile airtime top up to any MTN or Orange phone; or as cash to collect instantly from hundreds of locations across Cameroon.
Remittances play an important role in Cameroon’s economy - Cameroon received $1.201bn in remittances in 2015 according to the World Bank.
Catherine Wines, COO and co-founder of WorldRemit, comments: “At WorldRemit we want to give people the power to share money anytime, anywhere. The Cameroon diaspora no longer has to wait in line at expensive money transfer agents to send money home – increasingly they are turning to the WorldRemit app. Cameroon already plays an important role in our business and we see further opportunities in the near future from connecting with its Mobile Money services.”
Globally, WorldRemit customers send over 400,000 transfers every month to more than 125 countries.
- Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2015 - http://www.fast50.co.uk/2015-winners/2015-winners.aspx
Note to editors
- Images for press here.
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money.
It’s easy – just open the app or visit the website – no more agents.
- Transfers to most countries are instant – send money like an instant message.
- More ways to receive (Mobile Money, bank transfer, cash pickup, and mobile airtime top-up).
- Available in over 50 countries and 125+ destinations.
- Backed by Accel Partners and TCV – investors in Facebook, Spotify, Netflix and Slack.
- WorldRemit is the UK’s fastest-growing technology company (Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2015)
WorldRemit’s global headquarters are in London, UK with regional offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia and New Zealand.
Read more: About us
Media contact: firstname.lastname@example.org