Give us 1 reason why you should win
Sending money to Nepal? If you use WorldRemit before the 13th of July, you could win one of 25 prepaid gift cards worth 500 AUD. Great for you to enjoy, or as an extra surprise for your loved ones at home.
To enter, what’s the reason why you should win that 500 AUD? Tell us in 25 words or less how you would use it, or how it would benefit your family. Be as creative and interesting as possible. But before you enter, you need to send money home.
There are other reasons to use WorldRemit too
Unlike Hundi, our service is completely secure and transparent, so you’ll know where your money is at all times. For extra convenience we operate 24/7, so you can send money from your phone or computer whenever suits you.
How to enter the competition
Everyone who sends money with WorldRemit from Australia to Nepal between 1 June-12 July 2021 can enter.
Tell us in 25 words or less how you would use an 500 AUD prepaid gift card to create an opportunity for yourself in Australia or your family back in Nepal. We want entries that are exciting and inspiring.
Every week, WorldRemit will choose 5 winners. If you are a lucky winner, WorldRemit will contact you via the email address you provided when entering.
We’ve 500 reasons to use WorldRemit. What’s the 1 reason why you should win?
Enter the contest
Terms and Conditions
1. Win AUD500 Competition (the “Competition”) is run by WorldRemit Ltd. (company no. 07110878) whose registered office is at 62 Buckingham Gate, London SW1E 6AJ, United Kingdom (“WorldRemit”, “we” or “us”).
2. The terms “you” and “your” refer to you, the person who has entered this Competition
3. When entering the Competition or claiming a Prize you must use your real name. You may be requested to provide us with proof of your identity, address and eligibility. Failure to provide proof of identity, address or eligibility may result in your disqualification and / or withholding or withdrawal of a Prize.
4. By entering the Competition, you agree that you have read and accepted these Competition terms and conditions and the terms and conditions for the use of the WorldRemit transfer service which can be found here https://www.worldremit.com/en/about-us/terms-and-conditions (the “WorldRemit T&C”).
5. We reserve the right to verify any entries and winners. We may refuse to award the Prizes (as defined below) where we have reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these Competition terms and conditions and / or a breach of the WorldRemit T&C.
6. Entrants (as defined below) agree that they will comply with all applicable laws when entering the Competition, including but not limited to anti-corruption, anti-bribery and anti-slavery laws.
COMPETITION START DATE AND END DATE
7. The Competition will open on the 9th of June 2021 at 12:01 am AEST (the “Start Date”) and end on the 13th of July 2021 at 11:59 pm AEST (the “End Date”).
8. All references to dates and times will be deemed to be references to dates and times of the Australian Eastern Standard Time.
9. The Competition is open to individuals who are Australia based residents who are aged 18 years or older. You are not eligible to enter the Competition if you, or a member of your immediate family members (which includes parents, children, siblings, spouse, and life partner) or households (whether related or not) are an employee, contractor or sub-contractor of WorldRemit or any of its affiliates or subsidiaries or is otherwise connected with the organisation (an “Entrant”).
10. An Entrant must have a valid WorldRemit account and must not be in breach of the WorldRemit T&C.
11. The Competition is open to both existing and new customers of WorldRemit
HOW TO ENTER
12. To enter the Competition an Entrant must have a valid WorldRemit account and must have sent money to Nepal with WorldRemit between the 1st of June 2021 and the 12th of July 2021. An Entrant needs to enter the details (your full name, your phone number, the email address registered under your WorldRemit account and you need to tell us in 25 words [or less] how you would use the prepaid gift card to create an opportunity for yourself in Australia or for your family back in Nepal) at: www.worldremit.com/nepal/winAUD500
13. There is no additional entry fee to enter the Competition.
14. WorldRemit reserves the right to reject an entry, where an Entrant is in breach of these Competition terms and conditions and / or where any Transaction is made and / or entry received by us before the Start Date or after the End Date.
15. Unfortunately, we cannot accept responsibility for any entries not received by us for any reason and we cannot guarantee entry for mis-spelt, corrupt, or ineligible entries, or entries where any of the information provided is incorrect.
16. Entrants can enter as many times as they wish.
17. Even where multiple entries are permitted, we will not tolerate any attempts to excessively manipulate the outcome in any of our competitions. No bulk, automated, machine assisted, third party, syndicate, or other group entries will be accepted. We reserve the right to disqualify any entries which in our reasonable opinion appear to have used any of these methods.
18. There is a maximum of 25 Gift Cards to give away and each winner will be entitled to 1 Gift Card (the “Prizes”). Each Gift Card has a value of AUD 500.
19. We have a total of 25 Gift Cards to give away. Winners will not be entitled to select which Prize they would like. Prizes will be awarded by an internal jury.
20. The winner will get the Gift Card delivered to their home address via courier
21. The Prizes are as stated and no other alternative prizes or vouchers will be offered. However, the Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute the Prizes with another of equivalent value without giving you notice. The Prizes are not transferable, non-refundable and no cash equivalent will be given.
22. The Prizes may be considered a taxable benefit and the winner will be directly responsible for any taxes payable.
23. Third party terms and conditions apply to the Prizes and winners must comply with these third party terms and conditions, otherwise the Prizes will be invalidated.
WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
24. There will be 25 winners in total
25. Every Friday of each week from 18th of June 2021 until 16th of July 2021 a WorldRemit jury will select 5 winners. The winners are those who tell us in a creative and inspiring way (within 25 words) how they would use the prepaid gift card to create an opportunity for themselves in Australia or for their family back in Nepal.
26. Once you have won a Prize, you cannot win a Prize again and any additional entries you may make after winning a Prize will be regarded as invalid and ineligible.
27. The winners will be notified via email.
28. WorldRemit will begin distributing Prizes to the winners from the 21st of June 2021 onwards. WorldRemit shall not be responsible for any damage that may be sustained to the Prize during its delivery and any offering of a replacement Prize that is damaged shall be at the sole discretion of WorldRemit.
29. If a winner(s) cannot be contacted 1 month after the last prize draw, or you are in breach of these terms and conditions, we reserve the right to withdraw the offer of the Prize from and to re-draw winners from the existing entries received during the Start Date and End Date on the 13th of July 2021.
DATA AND MARKETING
30. When you give us the information we ask for as part of the Competition, you agree that we, our agents and suppliers may use it as needed to conduct the Weekly Prize Draw as we have described in these terms and conditions.
31. You agree that personal data supplied during the course of the Competition and Weekly Prize Draw may be passed onto third parties, insofar as required and necessary for the fulfilment / delivery / arrangement of the Prize. Any personal data relating to you will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation, as updated from time to time.
33. By entering the Competition, you give WorldRemit (including our group companies and affiliate companies) the right to edit, publish and use your entry and your name in any and all media (including print and online) for promotion and news purposes in perpetuity without any payment to you.
34. Your entry into the Competition is at your own risk. We accept liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence of our employees and agents. We do not seek to exclude liability for fraud by us or our employees or agents. For any other loss or damage, we will only be liable for losses which are a reasonably foreseeable consequence of our negligence or breach of these terms and conditions, up to a maximum of €500. Losses are foreseeable when they could be contemplated by you and us at the time of you entering the Competition.
35. We are not responsible for:
losses not caused by our breach of these terms or our negligence;
a. indirect losses (these are losses which are a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not reasonably foreseeable by you and us at the time of you entering the Competition);
b. entries lost, delayed, damaged or corrupted where such loss, damage, delay or corruption is caused by events outside of our reasonable control;
c. technical failures or errors affecting communication lines, website availability or systems errors where these are not within our reasonable control;
d. any failure to provide the Competition, to provide the Prizes or to meet any of our obligations under these terms and conditions where that failure arises because of events outside of our reasonable control; or
e. all liability to you or anyone else for any direct or indirect losses, damage, harm of any kind, or death arising from or in connection with the Competition, Prizes and any third parties associated with the Competition or Prizes or your use or enjoyment of such Prizes or any act or omission of a third party
36. We are not responsible for the performance of any third party involved in (i) the Prize Draw; or (ii) aspects of, or the provision of the Prizes to the winners.
37. WorldRemit reserves the right to cancel or amend the Prize Draw and these terms and conditions where necessary to do so. Any changes to these terms and conditions will be notified to entrants as soon as reasonably possible by WorldRemit.
38. WorldRemit’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the Competition, Prize Draw and Prizes will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
39. You agree that you will not do anything which is likely to bring us or any third party associated with this Competition, Prize Draw or Prizes into disrepute or which might adversely affect ours or their reputation.
40. The Competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England. If you wish to take court proceedings against WorldRemit you must do so in England.