Mother's Day prize draw – Terms and Conditions
1. The Mother’s Day prize draw (the "Prize Draw") is run by WorldRemit Ltd. (company no. 07110878) whose registered office is at 62 Buckingham Gate, London, SW1E 6AJ ("WorldRemit", "we" or "us").
2. By entering this Prize Draw, you agree that you have read and accept these terms and conditions. We reserve the right to verify any entries and the winner. We may refuse to award the Prize where we have reasonable grounds to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions. You can access these terms and conditions at any time during the Prize Draw at https://www.worldremit.com/en/mothersdayprizedrawterms.
3. The prize is one economy-class return flight for one person to Nigeria with a value of up to £1000 (the “Prize”).
4. The Prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The Prize is not transferable. The Prize is subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute the Prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice. The Prize may be considered a taxable benefit and the winner will be directly responsible for any taxes payable on the Prize.
5. The Prize does not include insurance, expenses or accommodation.
How to Enter
6. The Prize Draw will open on Thursday 16 March 2017 (the "Opening Date") and will close on Sunday 26 March 2017 (the "Closing Date"). All entries must be received by us by 23:59 GMT on the Closing Date. Any entries received after this time will not be eligible to win the Prize.
7. The Prize Draw is open to all existing customers of WorldRemit who regularly send (and who have sent at least three times) money to individuals in Nigeria using any of the WorldRemit services except for mobile phone airtime top-up. You are not eligible to enter this Prize Draw if you, or a member of your immediate family (which means parents, children, siblings, spouse and life partners), is an employee, contractor or sub-contractor of WorldRemit or is otherwise connected with the organisation.
8. To enter the Prize Draw you must complete at least one successful money transfer to another individual in Nigeria using WorldRemit (“Transactions” and each a “Transaction”).
9. To be able to win the Prize, you must be available to travel before 30 November 2017 with final travel dates to be agreed between you and WorldRemit. By entering this Prize Draw, you confirm your availability before this date.
10. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this Prize Draw.
11. Unfortunately, we cannot accept responsibility for any entries not received by us for any reason.
12. Participants agree that they will comply with all applicable laws when entering the prize draw.
13. WorldRemit reserves the right to reject entries of participants where they are in breach of WorldRemit’s terms and conditions and in particular if they fail to comply with applicable laws when completing a Transaction, including but not limited to committing or attempting to commit any fraudulent act on their WorldRemit account.
Ownership and Use of your Entry
14. By entering the Prize Draw, you give WorldRemit (including our group companies and affiliate companies) the right to edit, publish and use your entry and your name in any and all media (including print and online) for promotion and news purposes both during and after the Prize Draw, without any payment to you.
15. One winner will be selected by a random draw performed by a computer-generated process.
16. The winner will be notified by email within thirty (30) days of the Closing Date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the Prize within seven (7) days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the offer of the Prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
17. It is your responsibility to ensure you are available to travel before 30 November 2017 and that you hold a valid passport, and any necessary visa and travel documents including a valid travel insurance policy
18. It is your responsibility to ensure you adhere to any third party terms that apply to your eligibility for the Prize, including without limitation the terms and conditions of airlines, travel agents and our third party suppliers.
Data and Marketing
19. When you give us the information we ask for as part of this Prize Draw, you agree that we, our agents and our suppliers may use it (i) as needed to conduct the Prize Draw as we have described in these terms, and (ii) to contact you in the future for related marketing and promotional offers relating to the WorldRemit service.
20. You may choose to stop receiving marketing emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions included in such emails, or by contacting us via this form. You can also use the form to request to review, delete or update your personal information to ensure it is accurate. We aim to respond to all requests for access within 30 days. You can also contact us in writing at the address below:
World Remit Ltd, 62 Buckingham Gate, London, SW1E 6AJ
21. Personal data supplied during the course of this promotion may be passed on to third parties, insofar as required and necessary for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the Prize. Any personal data relating to you will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation.
23. We accept liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or that of our employees and agents. We do not seek to exclude liability for fraud by us or our employees or agents. For any other loss or damage, we will only be liable for losses which are a reasonably foreseeable consequence of our negligence or breach of these terms and conditions, up to a maximum of €500. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time of you entering this Prize Draw.
24. We are not responsible for:
i. losses not caused by our breach or negligence;
ii. indirect losses (these are losses which are a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not reasonably foreseeable by you and us at the time of you entering this Prize Draw);
iii. entries lost, delayed, damaged or corrupted where such loss, damage, delay or corruption is caused by events outside of our reasonable control;
iv. technical failures or errors affecting communication lines, website availability or systems errors where these are not within our reasonable control; or
v. any failure to provide the Prize Draw, the Prize or to meet any of our obligations under these terms and conditions where that failure arises because of events outside of our reasonably control.
25. We are not responsible for the performance of any third party involved in (i) this Prize Draw or (ii) aspects of the provision of the Prize. We will not be liable for any act or omission of a third party, although we will endeavour to minimise the effect to you of any third party's failure.
26. WorldRemit reserves the right to cancel or amend the Prize Draw and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, civil or military disturbance, force majeure or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of WorldRemit's control. Any changes to the Prize Draw will be notified to entrants as soon as reasonably possible by WorldRemit.
27. WorldRemit’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the Prize Draw will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
28. The Prize Draw and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.If you wish to take court proceedings against WorldRemit you must do so within the United Kingdom.