IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT (Service Disruption)
Bank transfer services to Mauritius have been disabled due to technical issues with our local partner. We're working with our partner on this, but we're not able to provide a date for service resumption. We'll make sure that you are updated as soon as the service is available again. This does not affect any ongoing transactions. If you have any questions on an ongoing transaction, please contact us through our website at https://www.worldremit.com/en/contact-us
- Which banks can I send to in Mauritius?
- What type of bank accounts can I send to in Mauritius?
- When will funds be credited to bank accounts in Mauritius?
- What currencies can I send to bank accounts in Mauritius?
- How much can I send to bank accounts in Mauritius?
- What information do I need from my recipient for bank transfers to Mauritius?
Which banks can I send to in Mauritius?
You can send transfers to all major banks in Mauritius.
What type of bank accounts can I send to in Mauritius?
You can send to checking / current, savings and business accounts.
When will funds be credited to bank accounts in Mauritius?
Within 2 working days.
What currencies can I send to bank accounts in Mauritius?
Mauritian Rupee (MUR) only.
How much can I send to bank accounts in Mauritius?
The maximum amount per transfer is dependent on the country where you are sending from and the payment method used to fund the transfer. Please see the relevant section in Payments for more info.
What information do I need from my recipient for bank transfers to Mauritius?
- Full name. To avoid any delays, the recipient’s name should match the name on their bank statement exactly.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Account details. We need your recipient’s (1) bank name and (2) IBAN (containing 34 characters).
- Mobile number. We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient informing them that their funds have been credited.
- Email (optional) - We use this to send an email to your recipient with details of your transaction. This is particularly useful in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications.
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending funds to self”.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make the transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.