Click on any of the following links for more information on sending bank transfers to Malta:
- Which banks can I send to in Malta?
- What type of accounts can I send to in Malta?
- When will funds be credited in Malta?
- What currencies can I send to Malta?
- How much can I send in Malta?
- What information do I need from my recipient in Malta?
Which banks can I send to in Malta?
You can send transfers to any bank in Malta.
What type of accounts can I send to in Malta?
You can send to Personal or business accounts.
When will funds be credited in Malta?
Usually within 1-2 working days. We’ll notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are credited.
Sometimes we may require further information to comply with our regulatory requirements (we will email you).
What currencies can I send to Malta?
Euros (EUR) only.
How much can I send in Malta?
The maximum amount per transfer is dependent on the country where you are sending from and the payment used to fund the transfer. Please see the relevant section in Payments for more information.
What information do I need from my recipient in Malta?
- Full name. To avoid any delays, the recipient’s name should match the name on their bank statement exactly.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Account details. We need your recipient’s (1) bank name, (2) IBAN which is 21 digits long and (3) BIC/SWIFT which between 8-11 digits)
- Mobile number. We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient informing them that their funds have been credited.
- Email (optional). We use this to send an email to your recipient with details of the transaction. This is particularly useful in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications.
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending fund to self”.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.
Also, please note your recipient will see WorldPay AP LTD or ENVOY SERVICES on their bank statement.