Click on any of the following links for more information on sending cash pickups to Mali:
- Where can my recipient collect the funds in Mali?
- When will funds be available to be collected in Mali?
- What currencies can I send for cash pickups in Mali?
- How much can I send for cash pickups to Mali?
- What information do I need from my recipient to collect funds in Mali?
- What should my recipient show when collecting funds in Mali?
Where can my recipient collect the funds in Mali?
Branches of Timbuctu Exchange (click here for a list of those locations)
When will funds be available to be collected in Mali?
Usually within a few minutes. We may sometimes require further information from you before we can process the transfer in order to comply with our regulatory requirements. We will email you if this is the case.
What currencies can I send for cash pickups in Mali?
West African CFA franc (CFA)
How much can I send for cash pickups to Mali?
You can send up to CFA 1,964,000.00 per transfer
There may be lower limits depending on the country where you are sending from and the payment method used to fund the transfer. Please see the relevant section in Payment for more info.
What information do I need from my recipient to collect funds in Mali?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full legal name. It must match their valid, government-issued photo ID for them to successfully collect their funds.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Mobile number. We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient with the transaction reference number which they will need in order to collect the funds. We will also inform them when their funds are ready to be collected.
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending funds to self”.
- Email (optional). We use this to email your recipient with details of the transaction. This is particularly useful in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.
What should my recipient show when collecting funds in Mali?
- Valid photo ID. This must be any other government-issued photo ID
- Quote “Moneytrans” and the 9-digit transaction reference number. We’ll notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are ready to be collected and send a transaction reference number. Please quote this when collecting the funds.