Click on any of the following links for more information on sending mobile money to Lesotho:
- Which mobile money accounts can I send to in Lesotho?
- When will funds be credited to mobile money accounts in Lesotho?
- What currencies can I send to mobile money accounts in Lesotho?
- How much can I send to mobile money accounts in Lesotho?
- What information do I need from my recipient in Lesotho?
- What fees does my recipient pay in Lesotho?
Which mobile money accounts can I send to in Lesotho?
You can send to any of Ecocash Lesotho account.
The mobile money account must be (1) fully registered and (2) active.
Please note: This service is only available from UK, USA, UAE, Hong Kong and The Netherlands. We are working hard to make money transfer to Lesotho available from your country soon.
When will funds be credited to mobile money accounts in Lesotho?
- Speed: Instant
We will notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are credited. We may sometimes require further information from you before we can process the transfer in order to comply with our regulatory requirements. We will email you if this is the case.
What currencies can I send to mobile money accounts in Lesotho?
Lesotho Loti (LSL) only.
How much can I send to mobile money accounts in Lesotho?
Ecocash Lesotho mobile money accounts:
- A Maximum amount per day = 5,000 LSL
- A Maximum amount per month = 15,000 LSL
There may be lower limits depending on the country where you are sending from and the payment method used to fund the transfer. Please see the relevant section in Payment for more info.
What information do I need from my recipient in Lesotho?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full name. To avoid any delays, the recipient’s name should match the name registered on their mobile money account.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Mobile money account number:
- Fully registered and active Ecocash Lesotho mobile money accounts only.
- Length: 9 digits in total (excluding country code). Ecocash numbers begin with 68, 63, 62
- Contact mobile number. We use this number to send SMS notifications to your recipient when the funds have been credited. This can be different from the mobile money account number.
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending fund to self”.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.
What fees does my recipient pay in Lesotho?
WorldRemit does not charge your recipient any additional fees for the mobile money transaction.
However, some local operators may charge them a fee when they withdraw funds as cash. This depends on the mobile operator’s policy and is not determined by WorldRemit.