Send cash pickups to Kyrgyzstan
See below for answers to your questions about sending money to Kyrgyzstan via Cash Pickup.
Where can my recipient collect the funds in Kyrgyzstan?
Any branches of the Contact network. Click here for a list of locations.
When will funds be available to be collected in Kyrgyzstan?
Usually within a few minutes. We may sometimes require further information from you before we can process the transfer in order to comply with our regulatory requirements. We will email you if this is the case.
What currencies can I send for cash pickups to Kyrgyzstan?
Cash pickup in US Dollar (USD) is only available if you are sending from following countries:
- Czech republic
- Hong kong
- New Zealand
Cash pickup in Euro (EUR) is only available if you are sending from following countries:
How much can I send for cash pickups to Kyrgyzstan?
A maximum of EUR 20,000.00 or USD 20,000.00 per transfer depending on the currency you are sending to.
There may be lower limits depending on the country where you are sending from and the payment method used to fund the transfer. Please see the relevant section in Payment for more info.
What information do I need from my recipient to send cash pickups to Kyrgyzstan?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full legal name. It must match their valid, government-issued photo ID for them to successfully collect their funds.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Mobile number. We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient with the transaction reference number which they will need in order to collect the funds. We will also inform them when their funds are ready to be collected.
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending fund to self”.
- Email (optional). We use this to email your recipient with details of the transaction This is particularly useful in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it’s difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.
What should my recipient show when collecting funds in Kyrgyzstan?
Valid photo ID. This must be one of the following:
- A passport
- A National ID card
- A driver’s licence
Quote “CONTACT” and the 8-digit transaction reference number. We will notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are ready to be collected and send a transaction reference number. Please quote this when collecting the funds.
The transaction must be collected within 30 days, otherwise it will be cancelled by our agent.