- The cash is available for collection within minutes
- The person you’re sending to will need their WorldRemit transaction number and one form of official ID to collect the cash
Send money for cash pickup to Unimoni in Kenya
Sending money for cash pickup to any branch of Unimoni in Kenya has never been easier. You can send money online using any device from more than 50 countries around the world. Once you’ve made the transfer, your recipient will be able to collect the cash in minutes from any of the Unimoni pickup locations in Kenya.
The speed of our cash pickup service makes it the fastest way to send money to families and friends living, working or travelling in Kenya. As the transfers are completed in real-time, your recipient will be able to collect the money, as soon as the transfer process has been completed by the sender. Plus, your recipient doesn’t have to pay a fee to collect the cash.
How to send money for cash pickup to Unimoni, Kenya
Sending money for cash pickup to Unimoni branches in Kenya is simple, quick and secure. All you need to do is:
- Choose the ‘Cash Pickup’ service in the ‘Send to’ calculator on this page
- Enter the transfer amount
- We’ll show you our low fees and exchange rate upfront
- Create a free account or log in if you’ve not already done so
- Add the details of a new recipient or select someone you’ve sent to before
- Pay online
You and your recipient will receive SMS notifications when the transfer is complete, and the cash is ready to collect.
How does your recipient collect the cash?
Once you’ve completed the online transfer to Unimoni Kenya, you and your recipient will receive an SMS notification to let you know that the funds are ready to collect. It will include the 8-digit transaction number they’ll need to quote to collect the cash.
They must also show one form of government-issued photo ID. That can be a Kenyan passport, driving licence, national ID card or a foreign passport with a visa or refugee card.
What other ways can you send money to Kenya with WorldRemit?
Sending money for cash pickup to Unimoni in Kenya may not be the most convenient way to send money to your loved ones. In that case, we have a range of other transfer methods you can use:
- Mobile money – Send money directly to M-PESA or Equitel mobile money accounts in Kenya and the money will be made available to your recipient instantly.
- Bank deposit – Transfer money to bank accounts with all the major banks in Kenya. Money can be sent to Kenyan Shilling (KES) and US Dollar (USD) accounts.
- Cash pickup – As well as branches of Unimoni, you can also send cash to hundreds of other pickup locations across Kenya.
- Airtime top up – Send airtime to your friends and family’s mobile phones on the major Kenyan networks, so you can stay in touch.