National Bank of Kenya
National Bank of Kenya, also known as ‘National Bank’, is one of the largest banks in Kenya with a network of more than 70 branches and 140 ATMs across the country. It provides corporate, business and retail banking services and offers a wide range of products, including international remittances.
At WorldRemit, we’ve partnered with National Bank of Kenya to make it easier and cheaper for people living overseas to transfer money to the bank.
Send money to National Bank of Kenya online
Using our website or app, you can send money to current, savings and business accounts with National Bank of Kenya from more than 50 countries around the world. All you need are the bank details of the person you want to send the money to and you can complete the transfer using any device.
Transfers to all accounts with National Bank of Kenya clear within one working day so the funds can be accessed quickly. We also offer super low fees and bank-beating exchange rates so more of your money ends up in your recipient’s account.
How to transfer money to the National Bank of Kenya
Transferring money to the National Bank of Kenya at WorldRemit is quick, convenient and secure. Just go to the calculator at the top of this page and follow these simple steps:
- Make sure the country selected is Kenya and choose the ‘Bank Deposit’ service in the dropdown menu
- Set the pay-out network to ‘Deposits to any KES account at any other bank’ or ‘Deposits to any USD account at any other bank’, depending on the currency you want to send
- Enter the transfer amount and you’ll see our low fees and bank-beating exchange rate upfront
- Create a free account or log in if you’ve not already done so
- Choose someone you’ve sent to before or add the details of a new recipient
- Pay online – either via your bank account or a debit or credit card
You and your recipient will be alerted by SMS when the money is available.
There’s a maximum limit on international money transfers to the National Bank of Kenya of USD 19,000 or the Kenyan Shilling (KES) equivalent.
What currencies can you send to the National Bank of Kenya?
You can send both Kenyan Shillings (KES) and US Dollars (USD) to the National Bank of Kenya. This flexibility can be key for customers who want to save in hard currency or are transferring money for a major purchase such as buying a home.
What’s the fastest way to send money to Kenya?
If you make a bank transfer to Kenya with WorldRemit, the funds will be available after just one working day. However, if you use our cash pickup or mobile money transfer services, your recipient will be able to access the money within just minutes of the transfer being made.
We also offer an airtime top up service, with mobile airtime added instantly to phones on the Safaricom, Airtel, Orange and Yu networks.