How to transfer money to Diamond Trust Bank, Kenya
Diamond Trust Bank is a major banking group operating in Kenya, but also across East Africa in Tanzania, Uganda and Burundi. With so many Kenyans and East Africans living and working abroad, receiving international remittances is big business for the Diamond Trust Bank and it’s something we’re happy to help with.
We make it easy for Kenyans living abroad to send money back home and help support their families and friends. Transfers can be made online from more than 50 countries around the world with bank-beating exchange rates and low fees.
Send money to Diamond Trust Bank in Kenya
There are two quick, simple and secure ways you can send money to Diamond Trust Bank in Kenya with WorldRemit. You can either send money directly to current and savings accounts with Diamond Trust Bank via our bank transfer service, or you can send money that can be collected in cash (cash pickup) from any branch of Diamond Trust Bank.
How to make a bank transfer to Diamond Trust Bank
You can make a bank transfer to Diamond Trust Bank in minutes using any device. You can send cash to banks in US Dollars (USD) and Kenyan Shillings (KES) at super-low prices. The transfer can be paid for using a debit or credit card and the funds will usually be credited within one working day. Just follow these simple steps:
- Go to our Kenya page and and choose Bank Deposit
- Choose the payout-network – in this case ‘Deposits to DTB KES accounts’ or ‘Deposits to any USD account at any bank’ if you’d prefer to send US Dollars
- Enter the amount you want to send
- Log in or create an account if you haven’t already
- Select someone you’ve sent to before or add the details of a new recipient (we’ll need their bank name, branch name and account number)
- Pay online
- We’ll send you and your recipient SMS and email notifications when the funds have been credited
There’s a maximum limit of USD 5,000 (per transfer) or the Kenyan Shilling equivalent.
How to send money for cash pickup to Diamond Trust Bank
If you want to get money to your recipient in a hurry, then the fastest way to send money to Diamond Trust Bank in Kenya is via cash pickup. The cash will be ready for your recipient to collect within minutes of the transfer being made from any of the many Diamond Trust Bank pickup locations in Kenya. All you need to do is:
- Select the ‘Cash Pickup’ service from the dropdown options
- Enter the transfer amount
- Add your recipient’s details
- Pay online
- We’ll send you and your recipient SMS notifications once the funds are ready to collect
To collect the cash, your recipient must show one form of photo ID (Kenyan passport, national ID card, driving licence or foreign passport with visa) and quote “WorldRemit” along with the 8-digit transaction number we’ll send you when the funds are ready.
What other ways can you send money to Kenya?
As well as making a bank transfer and sending money for cash pickup to Diamond Trust Bank, there are also a number of other ways you can send money to make payments and support your loved ones in Kenya.
- Bank transfer – You can transfer money to any major bank in Kenya, including business accounts with every bank other than Diamond Trust Bank.
- Cash pickup – Send cash to Kenya that can be collected from branches of Co-operative Bank, Equity Bank, Gulf African Banks, KCB, National Bank of Kenya, NIC Bank, Unimoni and Upesi Money Transfer.
- Mobile money transfer – Send money instantly to M-PESA or Equitel mobile money accounts.
- Airtime top up – Send airtime to the mobile phones of family and friends on the Airtel, Safaricom, Orange and Yu networks so you can stay in touch.