The fast, simple way to send an airtime recharge
Use a computer, smartphone or tablet.
Mobile airtime is added instantly to phones on: Airtel, Aircel, BSNL, Idea, Loop, MTS, Reliance, Tata Docomo, Tata Indicom, Uninor, Videocon GSM, Vodafone, Dish, Sun Direct, Tata Sky, and MTNL.
Recipients will get approximately 87% of the recharge value because India deducts tax locally.
What is an online mobile recharge?
To avoid expensive roaming costs (often highest for incoming calls) many people travelling or working in India buy a local prepaid SIM card. Prepaid mobile phones require ‘credit’, ‘talktime’ or ‘airtime’ so they can be used. Once the airtime runs out, the user won’t be able to make calls, send texts or access the internet until it has been topped up again. Our mobile recharge service allows people to send airtime to India online from over 50 countries around the world. By topping up the phones of your loved ones, it makes it easier to stay in touch with family and friends travelling, living and working in the country. It also means the person you’re sending the airtime to does not have to spend time searching for somewhere to top-up their phone.
How does it work?
Sending a mobile recharge to India is quick, safe and secure. You can send airtime to India online using any device, whether you’re at home or on the move. There are also no fees for our mobile recharge service. All you need to do is:
- Select ‘Airtime’ as the service in the ‘Send to’ box on our app or website
- Enter and confirm your recipient’s phone number
- Once a valid number has been entered, you’ll be presented with a range of top-up amounts available for that operator
- Choose the amount you want to send and pay online
- The mobile recharge will be made in minutes and you and your recipient will receive SMS confirmation once the recharge is complete
How can the airtime be used?
Once the online recharge to India is complete, your recipient will be able to use the airtime to make calls, send texts and use their data, though please note the airtime can’t be transferred into cash.