How to send money to Punjab National Bank in India
Punjab National Bank
Founded in 1895, Punjab National Bank, also known as PNB or PNB India, is the third-largest bank in India with over 115 customers, more than 7,000 branches and nearly 9,000 ATMs.
- Transfers to Punjab National Bank take up to two working days
- Enjoy bank-beating exchange rates and super-low fees
Only transfers to personal accounts with Punjab National Bank are permitted
Make a PNB international money transfer
With WorldRemit, you can send money directly from your bank account to the accounts of family and friends with the Punjab National Bank. Transfers are made entirely online using any device. All you need are a few details from your recipient and you can get started.
The first step is to sign up for your free WorldRemit account, which takes just 60 seconds. You can then send money to Punjab National Bank in India 24/7 from thousands of miles away.
How to transfer money to Punjab National Bank in India
The transfer process with WorldRemit is fast, simple and secure. All you need to do is:
- Visit our homepage and select India from the 'choose a country to send to' dropdown list
- Select 'Bank transfer' as the preferred service
- Tap in your transfer amount – you’ll be told if it exceeds our transfer limits
- Sign in or create an account if you haven’t done so already
- Select a loved one you’ve sent to before or add the details of a new recipient
- Confirm the transfer and pay online
We’ll send SMS and email alerts to you and your recipient when the transfer is being processed and the funds are credited.
What currencies can you send to the Punjab National Bank?
The only currency you can send to bank accounts with PNB India is the Indian Rupee (INR). We must convert your local currency, whether it’s US Dollars (USD) British Pounds (GBP) or many more, into the Indian Rupee before we can complete the transfer. We offer exchange rates that are consistently better than the banks and other transfer specialists to put more money in your recipient’s account.
What information will you need to complete the transfer?
We will ask for some information about your recipient to complete your bank transfer to Punjab National Bank. This will include:
- Full name – as it’s written on their bank statement to prevent delays
- Mobile number – so we can send them an SMS alert when the funds are credited
- Sending reason – ‘family and friend support’, ‘purchase of services’, ‘property payment’ or ‘sending fund to self’
- Bank account details – bank name, branch name, IFSC/branch code and account number
What’s the fastest way to send money to Punjab National Bank in India?
A bank transfer is currently the fastest way to send money to Punjab National Bank. With WorldRemit, you can make a secure transfer online to accounts with all the major banks in India and the funds will be credited in 1-2 working days. These include:
- SBI (State Bank of India)
- Bank of India
- ICICI Bank
- HDFC Bank
- Union Bank of India
- Bank of Baroda
- Yes Bank
- IDFC Bank
- Axis Bank
- Canara Bank
- Federal Bank
- State Bank of Travancore
- State Bank of Hyderabad