- Which Mobile Money accounts can I send to?
You can send to any registered EcoCash Mobile Money account.
- What currency can I send?
US Dollar (USD) only.
- How much can I send?
- A minimum of USD 2 per transaction.
- A maximum of USD 2,000 per transaction.
- What information do I need from my recipient?
- Full name.
- Address. City/Town is required.
- Ecocash mobile wallet number.
o Fully registered and active EcoCash mobile wallets only.
o Length: 9 digits in total (excluding country code). This generally begins with 71 or 72 (e.g. 721234567).
- Contact mobile number. We use this number to send SMS notifications to your recipient. This may be the same (or different) from the mobile wallet number.
PLEASE NOTE: Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make the transaction, it’s difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we’ll always try our best to do so. However, this could lead to delays.
- How long will it take for the Mobile Money to be credited?
Usually within minutes. We’ll notify you and your recipient, by email and SMS, when the Mobile Money has been credited.
From time to time, we (or our local partners) may require certain documentation from you in order to comply with our regulatory obligations. We will contact you in such instances but rest assured, we will always endeavour to make this as pain-free as possible. Please note that we cannot complete the transaction without this info.
- What fees does my recipient pay?
WorldRemit does NOT charge your recipient any additional fees.
However, some local operators may charge them a fee when they withdraw funds as cash. This depends on the mobile operator’s policy and is beyond WorldRemit’s control. More information about this can be found here.