- Which mobile money accounts can I send to?
Fully registered and active MTN Uganda Mobile Money accounts only.
- What currency can I send?
Ugandan Shilling (UGX) only.
- How much can I send?
A maximum of UGX 4,000,000 per transfer.
Your recipient’s MTN Uganda Mobile Money account can only have a maximum balance of 5,000,000 UGX at any given time. So make sure that their account has sufficient capacity for your transaction to go through.
- What information do I need from my recipient?
- Full name
- Mobile Money account number
- Fully registered and active MTN Uganda Mobile Money accounts only.
- Length: 9 digits in total (excluding country code). MTN Uganda Mobile Money accounts begin with 39, 77 or 78.
- Contact mobile number. We use this number to send SMS notifications to your recipient. This may be the same (or different) from the Mobile Money account number.
IMPORTANT: Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct, as we’re unable to recall transfers after they’ve been made.
- How long will it take for the Mobile Money to be credited?
Usually within minutes. We’ll notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when the Mobile Money has been credited.
From time to time, we (or our local partners) may require certain documentation from you in order to comply with our regulatory obligations. We will contact you in such instances but rest assured, we will always endeavour to make this as pain-free as possible. Please note that we cannot complete the transaction without this info.
- What fees does my recipient pay?
WorldRemit does NOT charge your recipient any additional fees for the Mobile Money transaciton.
However, some local operators may charge them a fee when they withdraw funds as cash. This depends on the mobile operator’s policy and is beyond WorldRemit’s control.