- Which mobile wallets can I send to?
Registered Airtel Money and Warid Pesa Mobile Money accounts only.
- What currency can I send?
Ugandan Shilling (UGX) only.
- How much can I send?
A maximum of UGX 2,500,000 per transfer.
- What information do I need from my recipient?
- Full name
- Mobile Money account number
- Fully registered and active Airtel Money and Warid Pesa Mobile Money accounts only.
- Length: 9 digits in total (excluding country code). Airtel Money numbers begin with 75. Warid Pesa numbers begin with 70.
- Contact mobile number. We use this number to send SMS notifications to your recipient. This may be the same (or different) from the mobile wallet number.
IMPORTANT: Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct, as we’re unable to recall transfers after they’ve been made.
- How long will it take for the Mobile Money to be credited?
Transfers to Airtel Money and Warid Pesa accounts will be credited within 2-4 hours during local business hours (Monday-Saturday). We will notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when the funds have been credited.
From time to time, we (or our local partners) may require certain documentation from you in order to comply with our regulatory obligations. We will contact you in such instances but rest assured, we will always endeavor to make this as pain-free as possible. Please note that we cannot complete the transaction without this info.
- What fees does my recipient pay?
WorldRemit does NOT charge your recipient any additional fees for the Mobile Money transaction.
However, some local operators may charge them a fee when they withdraw funds as cash. This entirely depends on the mobile operator’s policy and is beyond WorldRemit’s control.