- Where can my recipient collect their funds?
From any branch of Shumuk Forex Bureau, La-Cedri Bureau de Change, Supergate Forex Bureau, UAE Exchange in Kampala, Centenary Bank in Kampala, Metropolitan Forex Bureau, and City Forex Bureau.
For a full list of locations, please click here.
- What currency can I send?
Ugandan Shilling (UGX) only.
- How much can I send?
- If your recipient collects from a UAE Exchange branch: UGX 17,500,000 per transfer.
- If your recipient collects from a La-Cedri Bureau de Change branch: UGX 20,000,000 per transfer.
- If your recipient collects from a Metropolitan Forex Bureau branch: UGX 3,600,000 per transfer.
- If your recipient collects from Metropolitan Forex Bureau: USD 1,000 equivalent in UGX per transfer.
- If your recipient collects from a Shumux Forex Bureau or Supergate Forex Bureau branch there is no fixed limit. However, we may require further information in order to process larger transfers.
PLEASE NOTE: There may be lower limits depending on your send country and payment method.
- What information do I need from my recipient?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full legal name. It must match their government-issued ID for them to successfully collect their funds.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Mobile number. We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient with the transaction number, informing them that their funds are ready to be collected.
- Email (optional). We use this to email your recipient with details of your transaction (e.g. in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications).
IMPORTANT: Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make the transaction, it’s difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we’ll always try our best to do so. However, this could lead to delays.
- What should my recipient show when collecting funds?
- Identification. This must be a valid and government-issued: Ugandan driving licence, Ugandan passport, national ID card, foreign passport with visa or refugee card.
- 8-digit transaction reference number. We’ll notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are ready to be collected and send a transaction reference number. Please quote this when collecting the funds.
- When will funds be available for collection?
Usually within minutes. We’ll notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when they are ready for collection.
From time to time, we (or our local partners) may require certain documentation from you in order to comply with our regulatory obligations. We will contact you in such instances but rest assured, we will always endeavour to make this as pain-free as possible. Please note that we cannot complete the transaction without this info.