- Where can I send bank transfers to?
You can send transfers to any bank in Uganda.
- What type of accounts can I send to?
You can send to checking, savings and business accounts.
- How much can I send?
A maximum of UGX 7,000,000 per transfer. For first-time transfers over UGX 3,000,000 we may need a copy of your recipient’s ID.
- What information do I need from my recipient?
- Full name. To avoid any delays, the recipient’s name should match the name on their bank statement exactly.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Account details. We need your recipient’s bank name, branch name and account number.
- Mobile number. We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient informing them that their funds have been credited.
- Email (optional). We use this to send an email to your recipient with details of your transaction (e.g. in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications).
PLEASE NOTE: Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make the transaction, it’s difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we’ll always try our best to do so. However, this could lead to delays.
- How long will it take for funds to be credited?
Usually within 1 working day. We’ll notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when they are ready for collection.
From time to time, we (or our local partners) may require certain documentation from you in order to comply with our regulatory obligations. We will contact you in such instances but rest assured, we will always endeavor to make this as pain-free as possible. Please note that we cannot complete the transaction without this info.