- Which banks can I send to?
All major banks in South Africa.
- What type of accounts can I send to?
You can send to checking, saving, and business accounts.
- What currency can I send?
South African Rand (ZAR) only.
- How much can I send?
It depends on the country you’re sending from and your payment method. Please click here for more details.
- What information do I need from my recipient?
- Full name. To avoid any delays, the recipient’s name should exactly match the name on their bank statement.
- Mobile number -We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient informing them that their funds have been credited.
- Email. We use this to send an email to your recipient with details of your transaction. Our local partner may also use this to request for additional documentation to comply with regulatory obligations.
- Bank name
- Account number
- Branch code. A universal branch code will automatically appear once a bank has been selected.
IMPORTANT: Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make the transaction, it’s difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we’ll always try our best to do so. However, this could lead to delays.
- How long will it take for funds to be credited?
Within 2 business days. Your transaction will show as the WorldRemit 8-digit reference number on your recipient’s bank statement.
- What is the Reporting Mandate that my recipient needs to fill out?
Please note that our local partner may contact (and send a “Reporting Mandate” via email to) your recipient before funds can be credited to their account. This is because South African Exchange Control Regulations require that recipients fill out a "Reporting Mandate" once per calendar year. This is an online form, a sample of which is shown below.
- What will happen after the Reporting Mandate has been completed and submitted?
Once the Reporting Mandate has been completed, your recipient will receive an email confirmation. Our local agent will start processing the transaction shortly afterwards.
The cut off time for processing transactions is 12:00 noon (South African time). If the mandate is completed before the cut off time, the recipient’s account will be credited within 1 working day. Mandates completed after the cut off time will be processed and credited within 2 working days.
Our local agent will guide your recipient through this process and we’ll notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when their funds have been credited.