- Which banks can I send to?
All major banks in South Africa.
- What type of accounts can I send to?
You can send to checking, saving, and business accounts.
- What currency can I send?
South African Rand (ZAR) only.
- How much can I send?
It depends on the country you’re sending from and your payment method. Please click here for more details.
- What information do I need from my recipient?
- Full name. To avoid any delays, the recipient’s name should exactly match the name on their bank statement.
- Bank name.
- Account number
- Branch code. A universal branch code will automatically appear once a bank has been selected.
- Mobile number. We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient informing them that their funds have been credited.
- Email (optional). We use this to send an email to your recipient with details of your transaction (e.g. in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications).
IMPORTANT: Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make the transaction, it’s difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we’ll always try our best to do so. However, this could lead to delays.
- How long will it take for funds to be credited?
Within 1-3 working days. We’ll notify you and your recipient, by email and SMS, when their funds have been credited.
From time to time, we (or our local partners) may require certain documentation from you in order to comply with our regulatory obligations. We will contact you in such instances but rest assured, we will always endeavour to make this as pain-free as possible. Please note that we cannot complete the transaction without this info.
IMPORTANT: Your transaction will show as the WorldRemit 8-digit reference on your recipient’s bank statement.