Does my recipient need to do anything to receive the funds?
Your recipient will need to register their details & provide a copy of their ID with LianLian Pay before they can receive their funds. They will only need to do this once and the registration will be valid until the expiry date of the ID they provided.
If your recipient is already registered with LianLian Pay, then the funds will be processed automatically. If they are not registered with LianLian Pay:
- Once your transaction is processed, your recipient will receive an SMS notification from LianLian Pay with a link to register included. Your recipient will have 48 hours to register via the link provided in the SMS to receive amount or the transaction will be cancelled.
- After clicking the link, your recipient will be asked to key in their mobile number and the One Time Password which will be sent to the mobile number.
- Once logged in, your recipient will be asked to:
a) Submit (front and back) of their National ID for compliance purposes.
b) Verify their details which include their Name, Address, ID details and Bank account number.
- After submitting your details, LianLian Pay will give your recipient confirmation their identification has been verified (typically in 5-10 mins). The pending transaction will be transferred to their bank account automatically and we’ll notify you and your recipient, by email and SMS, when their funds have been credited.
- This is a once only process until your recipients ID expires, they will then have to re-register with their new ID. Should your recipient have any difficulties a LianLian Pay help line is provided in the SMS sent to their mobile.