- Which mobile wallets can I send to?
Fully registered and active Ezy Pesa and Vodacom M-Pesa Mobile Money accounts.
- What currency can I send?
Tanzanian Shillings (TZS) only.
- How much can I send?
A maximum of TZS 5,000,000.
- What information do I need from my recipient?
- Full name
- Mobile Money account number
o Fully registered and active Ezy Pesa or Vodacom M-Pesa Mobile Money accounts only.
o Length: 9 digits in total (excluding country code). Ezy Pesa or Vodacom M-Pesa Mobile Money accounts begin with one of the following prefixes: 742, 743, 744, 745, 746, 747, 748, 749, 752, 753, 754, 755, 756, 757, 758, 749, 762, 763, 764, 765, 766, 767, 768, 769.
- Contact mobile number. We use this number to send SMS notifications to your recipient. This may be the same (or different) from the Mobile Money account number.
IMPORTANT: Ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct, as we’re unable to recall transfers after they’ve been made.
- How long will it take for the Mobile Money to be credited?
Usually within minutes. We’ll notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when the Mobile Money has been credited.
From time to time, we (or our local partners) may require certain documentation from you in order to comply with our regulatory obligations. We will contact you in such instances but rest assured, we will always endeavor to make this as pain-free as possible. Please note that we cannot complete the transaction without this info.
- What fees does my recipient pay? fyfstffyetuxcfvasst
WorldRemit does NOT charge your recipient any additional fees for their Mobile Money transfer.
However, some local operators may charge them a fee when they withdraw funds as cash. This depends on the mobile operator’s policy and is beyond WorldRemit’s control.