- Which mobile money accounts can I send to?
Fully registered and active Telesom ZAAD Mobile Money accounts only.
- What currency can I send?
US Dollar (USD) only.
- How much can I send?
- A maximum of USD 2,500 per transfer.
- A maximum of USD 5,000 or 20 transactions over 30 days.
- What information do I need from my recipient?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full name. To avoid any delays, the recipient’s name should match the name registered on their mobile money account.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Mobile money account number:
- Fully registered and active Telesom ZAAD mobile money accounts only.
- Length: 9 digits in total (excluding country code). Telesom ZAAD mobile money numbers begin with 63.
- Contact mobile number. We use this number to send SMS notifications to your recipient when the funds have been credited. This can be different from the mobile money account number.
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending fund to self”.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.
- How long will it take for the Mobile Money to be credited?
Usually within minutes. We’ll notify you and your recipient, by email and SMS, when the Mobile Money has been credited.
From time to time, we (or our local partners) may require certain documentation from you in order to comply with our regulatory obligations. We will contact you in such instances but rest assured, we will always endeavour to make this as pain-free as possible. Please note that we cannot complete the transaction without this info.
- What fees does my recipient pay?
WorldRemit does NOT charge your recipient any additional fees for the Mobile Money transaction.
However, some local operators may charge them a fee when they withdraw funds as cash. This depends on the mobile operator’s policy and is beyond WorldRemit’s control.