- Which mobile wallets can I send to?
Fully registered and active Tigo Cash Mobile Money wallets.
- What currency can I send?
Rwandan Franc (RWF) only.
- How much can I send?
A maximum of RWF 3,000,000 per transaction.
Your recipient’s mobile wallet can only have a maximum balance RWF 3,000,000 at any given time. So make sure that their wallet has sufficient capacity for your transaction to go through.
- What information do I need from my recipient?
- Full name
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Mobile wallet number
- Fully registered and active Tigo Cash Mobile Money accounts only.
- Length: 9 digits in total (excluding country code). Tigo Cash wallet numbers generally begin with 72 (e.g. 721234567).
- Contact mobile number. We use this number to send SMS notifications to your recipient. This may be the same (or different) from the mobile wallet number.
- How long will it take for the Mobile Money to be credited?
Usually within minutes. We’ll notify you and your recipient, by email and SMS, when the Mobile Money has been credited.
From time to time, we (or our local partners) may require certain documentation from you in order to comply with our regulatory obligations. We will contact you in such instances but rest assured, we will always endeavor to make this as pain-free as possible. Please note that we cannot complete the transaction without this info.
- What fees does my recipient pay? fyfstffyetuxcfvasst
WorldRemit does NOT charge your recipient any additional fees for the mobile money transaction.
However, some local operators may charge them a fee when they withdraw funds as cash. This depends on the mobile operator’s policy and is beyond WorldRemit’s control.