- Which mobile wallets can I send to?
Fully registered and active MTN Mobile Money wallets only.
- What currency can I send?
Rwandan Franc (RWF) only.
- How much can I send?
- A minimum of RWF 100 per transfer.
- A maximum of RWF 2,000,000 per transaction.
- A maximum of RWF 10,000,000 over 30 days.
- What information do I need from my recipient?
- Full name
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Mobile wallet number
- Fully registered and active MTN Mobile Money wallets only
- Length: 9 digits in total (excluding country code). MTN Mobile Money wallet numbers generally begin with 78 (e.g. 781234567).
- Contact mobile number. We use this number to send SMS notifications to your recipient. This may be the same (or different) from the mobile wallet number.
- How long will it take for the Mobile Money to be credited?
Usually within minutes. We’ll notify you and your recipient, by email and SMS, when the Mobile Money has been credited.
From time to time, we (or our local partners) may require certain documentation from you in order to comply with our regulatory obligations. We will contact you in such instances but rest assured, we will always endeavor to make this as pain-free as possible. Please note that we cannot complete the transaction without this info.
- What fees does my recipient pay?
WorldRemit does NOT charge your recipient any additional fees for the mobile money transaction.
However, some local operators may charge them a fee when they withdraw funds as cash. This depends on the mobile operator’s policy and is beyond WorldRemit’s control.