What information do I need from my recipient?
- Full name. To avoid any delays, the recipient’s name should match the name on their bank statement exactly.
- Account number. These account numbers are 10 digits long (e.g. 1234567890).
- Bank name
- Mobile number.We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient informing them that their funds have been credited.
- Email (optional).We use this to send an email to your recipient with details of your transaction (e.g. in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications).
- Bank Verification Number (BVN): All recipients are required to have a BVN on file at the bank in order to receive international transfers. Please ensure that this step has been completed before sending, to ensure there are no delays with your transaction.
IMPORTANT: Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make the transaction, it’s difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we’ll always try our best to do so. However, this could lead to delays.