Branches of Upesi Money Transfer, Kenya Commercial Bank, or UAE Exchange
- Where can my recipient collect their funds?
At any branch of Upesi Money Transfer, Kenya Commercial Bank or UAE Exchange. Click here to see a full list of pickup locations.
- What currency can I send?
Kenyan Shillings (KES) only.
- How much can I send?
A maximum of KES 500,000 per transfer.
- What information do I need from my recipient?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full legal name. It must match their government issued ID for them to successfully collect their funds.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Sending reason. Family or friend Support, Purchase of services, Property payment, Sending fund to self.
- Mobile number. We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient with the transaction number, informing them that their funds are ready to be collected.
- Email (optional). We use this to email your recipient with details of your transaction (eg. in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications).
IMPORTANT: Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make the transaction, it’s difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we’ll always try our best to do so. However, this could lead to delays.
- What should my recipient show when collecting the funds?
- Identification. This must be a government-issued photo ID, such as passport, Kenyan driver’s licence, or ID card.
Quote “WorldRemit” and the 8-digit transaction reference number. We’ll notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are ready to be collected and send a transaction reference number.
- When will the funds be available for collection?
Usually within minutes. We’ll notify you and your recipient, by email and SMS, when they are ready for collection.
From time to time, we (or our local partners) may require certain documentation from you in order to comply with our regulatory obligations. We will contact you in such instances but rest assured, we will always endeavor to make this as pain-free as possible. Please note that we cannot complete the transaction without this info.