- Which banks can I send to?
All major banks in Kenya.
- What types of accounts can I send to?
You can send to checking, saving, and business accounts.
- What currency can I send?
Kenyan Shillings (KES) only.
- How much can I send?
The maximum amount you can send will be dependent on where you are sending from and the payment method that you choose. Please click here for more details.
- What information do I need from my recipient?
- Full name. To avoid any delays, the recipient’s name should match the name on their bank statement exactly.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Account number
- Bank name
- Branch name
PLEASE NOTE: If sending to a business account (e.g. for school fees), customers must provide the appropriate reference so payments can be identified by the recipient (e.g. invoice number, student name, etc.)
- Mobile number. We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient informing them that their funds have been credited.
- Email (optional). We use this to send an email to your recipient with details of your transaction (e.g. in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications).
IMPORTANT: Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make the transaction, it’s difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we’ll always try our best to do so. However, this could lead to delays.
- How long will it take for funds to be credited?
Usually within 2 working days. We’ll notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when their funds have been credited.
From time to time, we (or our local partners) may require certain documentation from you in order to comply with our regulatory obligations. We will contact you in such instances but rest assured, we will always endeavor to make this as pain-free as possible. Please note that we cannot complete the transaction without this info.