- Which mobile number can I send to?
Any mobile number in Ecuador that has been registered under Efectivo Desde Mi Celular.
IMPORTANT: Efectivo Desde Mi Celular is a mobile wallet operated and managed by the Central Bank of Ecuador. Any mobile number registered under Efectivo Desde Mi Celular can receive mobile money.
For non-registered numbers, owners still have a chance to register and receive funds. For more information, please see below.
- What currency can I send?
US Dollar (USD) only.
- How much can I send?
Due to local banking regulations:
- A maximum of USD 500 per transfer.
- A maximum of USD 9,000 per 30 days.
- Your recipient’s Efectivo mobile wallet can only have a maximum balance USD 9,000 at any given time. So please make sure that their account has sufficient capacity for your transaction to go through.
- What information do I need from my recipient?
- Full name
- Address. We need your recipient’s city
- Mobile wallet number
- Fully registered and active Efectivo mobile wallets only
- Length: 9 digits in total (excluding country code). These wallet numbers generally begin with 9 (e.g. 912345678).
- Contact mobile number. We use this number to send SMS notifications to your recipient. This may be the same (or different) from the mobile wallet number.
IMPORTANT: Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct, as we’re unable to recall transfers after they’ve been made.
- How long will it take for the Mobile Money to be credited?
For Efectivo-registered numbers, usually within minutes. We’ll notify you and your recipient, by email and SMS, when the Mobile Money has been credited.
For non-registered numbers, your recipient will receive a daily SMS instructing them to register. A registration process is also sent to them and they will have 7 days to register. If your recipient was not able to register within 7days, the transaction will be cancelled.
From time to time, we (or our local partners) may require certain documentation from you in order to comply with our regulatory obligations. We will contact you in such instances but rest assured, we will always endeavor to make this as pain-free as possible. Please note that we cannot complete the transaction without this info.
- What fees does my recipient pay?
WorldRemit does NOT charge your recipient any additional fees for the mobile money transaction.
Your recipient also has the option to withdraw funds as cash at no extra charge.