- Which mobile money accounts can I send to?
Fully registered and active MTN Mobile Money accounts only.
- What currency can I send?
Central African Francs (XAF) only.
- How much can I send?
A maximum of XAF 500,000 per transfer.
A maximum of XAF 3,000,000 per day.
Your recipient’s MTN Mobile Money account can only have a maximum balance of XAF 5,000,000 at any given time. So make sure that their account has sufficient capacity for your transaction to go through.
- What information do I need from my recipient?
- Full name
- MTN Mobile Money account number
- Fully registered and active MTN Mobile Money account only
- Length: 9 digits in total (excluding country code). This generally begins with 67, 650, 651, 652, 653, 654, 680, 681 or 682 (e.g. 650123456)
PLEASE NOTE: Your recipient should have a fully active profile with MTN (eg. MTNC Subscriber Customer Light profile). If they have a "MTNC Self Registration” profile, they will need to upgrade their account by visiting an MTN Mobile Money point/shop with a valid ID in order to successfully receive transactions. Any transfers that have been made will automatically go through once your recipient has completed the account upgrade.
- Contact mobile number. We use this number to send SMS notifications to your recipient. This may be the same (or different) from the mobile wallet number.
IMPORTANT: Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct, as we’re unable to recall transfers after they’ve been made.
- How long will it take for the Mobile Money to be credited?
Usually within minutes. We’ll notify you and your recipient, by email and SMS, when the Mobile Money has been credited.
From time to time, we (or our local partners) may require certain documentation from you in order to comply with our regulatory obligations. We will contact you in such instances but rest assured, we will always endeavor to make this as pain-free as possible. Please note that we cannot complete the transaction without this info.
- What fees does my recipient pay?
WorldRemit does NOT charge your recipient any additional fees for the Mobile Money transaction.
However, some local operators may charge them a fee when they withdraw funds as cash. This depends on the mobile operator’s policy and is beyond WorldRemit’s control.