- Which mobile wallets can I send to?
You can send to fully registered and active EcoCash Mobile Money wallets.
- What currency can I send?
Burundian Franc (BIF) only.
- How much can I send?
A maximum of BIF 1,000,000.
- What information do I need from my recipient?
- EcoCash Mobile Money account number.
- Full name.
- Full Address.
- Mobile number. We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient with the transaction number, informing them that their funds are ready to be collected.
- Email (optional). We use this to email your recipient with details of your transaction (e.g. in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications).
PLEASE NOTE: Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make the transaction, it’s difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we’ll always try our best to do so. However, this could lead to delays.
- How long will it take for the Mobile Money to be credited?
Usually within minutes. We’ll notify you and your recipient, by email and SMS, when the Mobile Money has been credited.
From time to time, we (or our local partners) may require certain documentation from you in order to comply with our regulatory obligations. We will contact you in such instances but rest assured, we will always endeavour to make this as pain-free as possible. Please note that we cannot complete the transaction without this info.
- What fees does my recipient pay? fyfstffyetuxcfvasst
WorldRemit does NOT charge your recipient any additional fees.
However, the operator may charge them a fee when they withdraw funds as cash. This entirely depends on the mobile operator’s policy and is beyond WorldRemit’s control.
PLEASE NOTE: Ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct, as we’re unable to recall transfers after they’ve been made.