- Which mobile money accounts can I send to?
Fully registered and active Rocket mobile money accounts only.
- What currency can I send?
Bangladeshi Taka (BDT) only.
- How much can I send?
- A minimum limit of BDT 500
- The maximum limit depends on the originating country you are sending from and method of payment
- What information do I need from my recipient?
- Full name. To avoid any delays, the recipient’s name should match the name on their mobile money account exactly.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Mobile Money account number.
- Fully registered and active Rocket Mobile Money accounts only.
- Valid Mobile Account numbers should begin with 011, 015, 016, 017, 018, 019 and are 12 digits long e.g. +88 11 22222222.
- Contact mobile number. We use this number to send SMS notifications to your recipient. This may be the same (or different) from the Mobile Money account number.
- Email (optional). We use this to send an email to your recipient with details of your transaction (e.g. in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications).
- Sending reason. Family or friend Support, Purchase of services, Property payment, Sending fund to self.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct, as we’re unable to recall transfers after they’ve been made.
- How long will it take for the Mobile Money to be credited?
Within 1 working day. We’ll notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when the mobile money has been credited.
From time to time, we (or our local partners) may require certain documentation from you in order to comply with our regulatory obligations. We will contact you in such instances but rest assured, we will always endeavour to make this as pain-free as possible. Please note that we cannot complete the transaction without this info.
- What fees does my recipient pay?
WorldRemit does NOT charge your recipient any additional fees for the mobile money transaction.
However, some local operators may charge them a fee when they withdraw funds as cash. This depends on the mobile operator’s policy and is beyond WorldRemit’s control.