- Which banks can I send to?
Any bank in Bangladesh.
- What type of accounts can I send to?
You can send to any account with a Basic Bank Account Number (BBAN).
- What currency can I send?
Bangladeshi Taka (BDT) only.
- How much can I send?
- A minimum of USD 2 equivalent in BDT.
- A maximum of BDT 385,000 per transaction, or the send limit in your country, if lower. Please click here for more information.
- What information do I need from my recipient?
- Full name.To avoid any delays, the recipient’s name should exactly match the name on their bank statement.
- Bank name
- Account number
- Branch name
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Mobile number. We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient informing them that their funds have been credited.
- Email (optional). We use this to send an email to your recipient with details of your transaction (e.g. in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications).
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once the transaction is created, we may be unable to amend or stop the transfer, although we’ll always try our best to do so. However, please note that this may cause delays in completing your transaction.
- How long will it take for funds to be credited?
This depends on the bank, please see crediting times below:
- Islami Bank ltd - next working day (if placed by 4pm Malaysian time)
- Bank Asia Ltd - next working day (if placed by 4pm Malaysian time)
- Janata Bank Ltd - next working day (if placed by 2pm Malaysian time)
- All other Banks - within 2 working days (if placed by 4pm Malaysian time) or 3 working days (if placed after 4pm Malaysian time).
We’ll notify you and your recipient, by email and SMS, when their funds have been credited.
From time to time, we (or our local partners) may require certain documentation from you in order to comply with our regulatory obligations. We will contact you in such instances but rest assured, we will always endeavor to make this as pain-free as possible. Please note that we cannot complete the transaction without this info.
Recipients will be able to locate the transaction on their bank statement by searching for the following references:
- Janata Bank: “Merchantrade” and the 14-digit reference issued to you via email
- Islami Bank: 14-digit 3rd party reference issued to you via email
- Other banks: BEFTN or EFT payment