Where can I send money to?
You can send money and airtime to more than 120 countries with WorldRemit.
Simply visit WorldRemit.com, or log in to our WorldRemit mobile app. You can then choose a destination country by selecting “Send to” in the drop-down menu.
We add more destination countries and services all the time. If you don’t happen to find the option that you are looking for, please email us at email@example.com.
What services do you offer?
You can send money by bank deposit, cash pickup or Mobile Money. The services available to you will depend on the destination country you are sending to.
What is the verification process?
To comply with Japanese regulations, we will need your full name, date of birth and residential address. You only need to input this information once. So all subsequent transfers will be much faster.
We will also need the documents listed below. We’ll email you with the relevant links for you to upload your documents. Alternatively, you can email them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Government-issued photo ID
- We can accept Japanese passports, Japanese driver's licences and Japanese residence permits.
- Please upload both sides of your photo ID, showing your full name, date of birth, (and where possible) your residential address.
- Please upload both sides of your My Number card.
- If your photo ID does not contain your residential address, we will need to see a utility bill that’s not more than 6 months old which does show it. This should match the address you have provided to us on your WorldRemit account.
- The utility bills which we can accept are telephone, electricity, water, or internet bills.
- We’ll post you a registered letter which includes our Terms & Conditions to your home address. As this is registered mail, you will need to sign for it.
- If you are not at home when it arrives, your local post office will hold the letter for you, so please collect it. You can also contact us at email@example.com so we can look to send another letter.
Please note that we can’t complete your transfer if these processes have not been fully completed.
For more information, it’s well worth reading this article.
How do I pay for my transfer?
We can only accept bank transfers as the method of payment from Japan at the moment. Here’s how it works:
- Ensure that you transfer the full amount of your transaction to our bank account:
- Bank Name: Mitsui Sumitomo Banking Corporation (Bank Code 00009)
- Branch: Head Office (Branch Code 200)
- Account Type: Savings
- Account Number: 3712969
- Funds must be transferred from your Japanese bank account, as we cannot accept payments from other countries.
- Use your WorldRemit customer number (e.g. WR01234567) as the reference when transferring funds to us. This will allow us to track it easily and ensure there’s no delay.
For more information visit our payment help page.
Can I pay by credit or debit card?
At the moment, we can only accept bank transfer payments. We may offer other types of payment in the future, so do check back from time to time.
Once I have sent the payment, how long does it take for funds to get to my recipient?
We aim to get the money you send to your recipients as quickly as possible. However, it will depend on our security and identity verification checks.
Occasionally we (or our local partners) may require certain documentation from you in order to comply with our regulatory obligations. We will contact you in such instances, but endeavour to make this as seamless as possible.
Once you’ve placed a transaction, please check your e-mails and SMS messages to see if we require any further documentation or information.
We’ll also email and SMS message you and your recipient when the transaction has gone through.
If you have any queries, we’re available 24/7 via chat, e-mail and telephone. Contact us here.