Click on any of the following links for more information on sending cash pickups to Guinea-Bissau:
- Where can my recipient collect the funds in Guinea-Bissau?
- When will funds be available to be collected in Guinea-Bissau?
- What currencies can I send to Guinea-Bissau?
- How much can I send to Guinea-Bissau?
- What information do I need from my recipient in Guinea-Bissau?
- What should my recipient show when collecting funds in Guinea-Bissau?
Where can my recipient collect the funds in Guinea-Bissau?
Any branch listed in the Cash Minute network.
When will funds be available to be collected in Guinea-Bissau?
Usually within a few minutes. We may sometimes require further information from you before we can process the transfer in order to comply with our regulatory requirements. We will email you if this is the case.
What currencies can I send to Guinea-Bissau?
CFA Franc (XOF) only.
How much can I send to Guinea-Bissau?
The limits depend on the country where you are sending from and the payment method used to fund the transfer. Please see the relevant section in Payments for more info.
What information do I need from my recipient in Guinea-Bissau?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full legal name. It must match their valid, government-issued photo ID for them to successfully collect their funds.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Mobile number. We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient with the transaction reference number which they will need in order to collect the funds. We will also inform them when their funds are ready to be collected.
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending fund to self”.
- Email (optional). We use this to email your recipient with details of the transaction. This is particularly useful in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.
What should my recipient show when collecting funds in Guinea-Bissau?
Valid photo ID. This must be one of the following:
- Guinea-Bissauan passport
- National ID card
- Driving license
- Foreign passport with visa
Quote “Cash Minute” and the 9-digit transaction reference number. We will notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are ready to be collected and send the transaction reference number. Please have your recipient quote this when collecting the funds.