Are you looking for a simple way to send money from the UK to Ghana? At WorldRemit, we never hide extra fees and charges in the exchange rate. Instead, you’ll enjoy bank-beating exchange rates and a single, super-low fee that we’ll show you upfront. So, you can check you’re getting the best deal.
How to transfer money to Ghana from the UK
Turn British Pounds into Ghanaian Cedis in minutes
How do you want to send your money?
With WorldRemit, you can make payments and support family and friends in minutes, using one of our five transfer methods.
Who are you sending to?
Whether you’re supporting a sibling in Sunyani or starting a business in Accra, all we need are a few details from your recipient to process your transfer.
How are you paying?
Choose the most convenient payment method for you. You can pay for your transfer using debit, credit or prepaid cards, Apple Pay, Android Pay, Sofort or a bank account transfer. Find the transfer limits here.
What’s the best way to make a money transfer to Ghana from the UK?
Make a fast, secure and low-cost money transfer from the UK to Ghana using one of our five transfer methods. Choose from:
- Bank transfer – Make a bank transfer and send money direct to checking, savings and business accounts with all the major banks in Ghana. The funds will be credited to your recipient’s account within 1-2 working days.
- Cash pickup – Get cash to your recipient quickly with our cash pickup service. Your recipient will be able to collect the cash from thousands of pickup locations across Ghana within minutes of the transfer being made.
- Mobile money – Make a mobile money transfer from the UK to Ghana and send funds directly to your recipient’s Airtel, Tigo, Vodafone or MTN mobile money account. The money will be credited within minutes.
- WorldRemit Walletn – Send money safely and securely to the WorldRemit Wallets of your family and friends in Ghana. The funds will be available immediately. Find outhow it works.
- Airtime top up – It’s not just money you can send from the UK to Ghana. Using our airtime top up service, you can add credit to Ghanaian mobile phones on Tigo, Vodafone, Airtel, MTN, Expresso and Glo. The airtime will be added instantly.
Download the app
It’s even easier to send money from the UK to Ghana with the WorldRemit app. Download the free app to send transfers on the move, check GBP/GHS exchange rates and track your transfers, wherever you go.
We have more than 5 million happy customers and 125,000 five-star reviews, so you can be sure that your money is in safe hands. However, if you do need help, our customer service team is on hand to answer calls and emails 24/7.
No need to visit an agent. Send 70 currencies to 130 countries, from your smartphone or computer
We use industry-leading technology that protects your money and guarantees it arrives safely every time.
90% of our transactions are completed in minutes
See our low fees and our best exchange rates up front, with no hidden costs