- Which banks can I send to in Gambia?
- What type of bank accounts can I send to in Gambia?
- When will funds be credited to bank accounts in Gambia?
- What currencies can I send to bank accounts in Gambia?
- How much can I send to bank accounts in Gambia?
- What information do I need from my recipient to send bank transfers to Gambia?
Which banks can I send to in Gambia?
You can transfer money to Reliance Banks only.
What type of bank accounts can I send to in Gambia?
You can send to any type of Reliance Bank accounts.
When will funds be credited to bank accounts in Gambia?
Funds will be credited within 1 working day.
We will notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are credited.
Please note: your transfer will appear as the 8-digit WorldRemit transaction reference number on your recipient’s bank statement.
We may sometimes require further information from you before we can process the transfer in order to comply with our regulatory requirements. We will email you if this is the case.
What currencies can I send to bank accounts in Gambia?
Gambian Dalasi (GMD) only.
How much can I send to bank accounts in Gambia?
There may be limits depending on the country you are sending from and the payment method you use to fund the transfer. Please see the relevant section in Payments for more information.
What information do I need from my recipient to send bank transfers to Gambia?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full name. To avoid any delays, the recipient’s name should match the name on their bank statement exactly.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Account details. We need your recipient’s (1) bank name, (2) branch name and (3) account number.
- Mobile number. We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient informing them that their funds have been credited.
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending fund to self”.
- Email (optional). We use this to send an email to your recipient with details of the transaction. This is particularly useful in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.