Click on any of the following links for more information on sending cash pickups to Gabon:
- Where can my recipient collect the funds in Gabon?
- When will funds be available to collect in Gabon?
- What currencies can I send to Gabon?
- How much can I send to Gabon?
- What information do I need from my recipient in Gabon?
- What should my recipient show when collecting funds in Gabon?
Where can my recipient collect the funds in Gabon?
When will funds be available to collect in Gabon?
Usually within a few minutes. We may sometimes require further information from you before we can process the transfer in order to comply with our regulatory requirements. We will email you if this is the case.
What currencies can I send to Gabon?
Central African Franc (CFA) only.
How much can I send to Gabon?
There may be lower limits depending on the country where you are sending from and the payment method used to fund the transfer. Please see the relevant section in Payments for more info.
What information do I need from my recipient in Gabon?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full legal name. It must match their valid, government-issued photo ID for them to successfully collect their funds.
- We need your recipient’s city.
- Mobile number. We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient with the transaction reference number which they will need in order to collect the funds. We will also inform them when their funds are ready to be collected.
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending funds to self”.
- Email (optional). We use this to email your recipient with details of the transaction. This is particularly useful in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.
What should my recipient show when collecting funds in Gabon?
- Valid photo ID. This must be one of the following passport, national ID card, or driving license.
- Quote “WorldRemit” and the 8-digit transaction reference number. We will notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are ready to be collected and send the transaction reference number. Please quote this when collecting the funds.