You can transfer money via WorldRemit from Singapore to 140+ destinations across the world. Please click on any link below for more information.
For more general information on how WorldRemit works and how you can create a transfer, please visit our Getting Started pages.
- How do I pay for my transfer from Singapore?
- What is the verification process in Singapore?
- Why do I need to provide ID in Singapore?
- How can I send you my ID from Singapore?
- Where can I transfer money to from Singapore?
- Is there anything else I need to know about sending from Singapore?
- Why can’t I pay using my card?
- Will card payment be an option in the future?
- What other payment options are there?
- How will not being able to pay by card affect my transfer?
- Will not paying by card affect the cost of my transfer?
How do I pay for my transfer from Singapore?
When sending money from Singapore, you can pay for your transfer using bank transfer:
- Bank Transfer
- The maximum send amount per 24 hours is SGD 10,000
- The maximum send amount per transaction is SGD 10,000
- Click on the link for more information on Bank transfer payments.
- Our Singaporean bank details are:
- Account Name: WorldRemit (Singapore) Pte Ltd
- Bank Name: DBS Bank Ltd (Bank Code: 7171)
- Branch Code: 003
- Account Number: 003-946717-6
- If payment is not received within 7 days of the transaction being created, it will be automatically voided
What is the verification process in Singapore?
To comply with Singaporean regulations we need to fully verify all customers sending from Singapore.
To do this, we are required to confirm the following for all customers:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Residential address
To do this, we will need a number of documents from you.
- Government issued photo ID
- NRIC *
- Employment Pass
- Current Singaporean Passport
*We need to see both front and back of this document.
- Proof of address
To verify your address we need to see a utility bill. This must not be older than 6 months, and the address printed on this must match that on your WorldRemit account. Bills we can accept are:
- Telephone bill
- Letters of employment
- Electricity / gas bill
- Water bill
- ‘Selfie’ photograph
We need to see a live photograph of you taken with a webcam at the time of making a transaction.
Please note, until we have completed ID verification we will be unable to complete your transfer.
- Phone call
Finally, we will contact you by phone to confirm some details of your account and transfer.
Please note, until we have completed ID verification (including the phone call) we will be unable to complete your transfer.
Why do I need to provide ID in Singapore?
Every customer needs to have their identity verified at some stage when using WorldRemit. Part of this process involves photo ID and address verification.
How can I send you my ID from Singapore?
Click here to upload your photo ID now
Click here to upload address documents now.
Where can I transfer money to from Singapore?
You can transfer money to 140+ destinations in the world, and in various payout options including mobile money transfers, cash pickup, bank transfers and airtime top-up so it is always convenient for your recipient. Please refer to our Send To pages for more information.
Is there anything else I need to know about sending from Singapore?
The type of document we require will vary upon what we need to clarify.
- If you are providing photo ID, it needs to include the following:
- Your photograph
- Your full name
- Your date of birth
- The expiry date (the documents MUST NOT be expired)
- The two lines of letters and numbers at the bottom of the document (The MRZ)
- If you are proving proof of address, it needs to include the following:
- Your full name
- Your full current residential address
- Please send a high quality image. If the image is unclear we may ask for another copy.
- We need to see the full document including all four corners. If we cannot see the full document we may ask for another copy.
Why can’t I pay using my card?
We have made the decision to suspend card payments when sending from Singapore in order to avoid additional fees for our customers. In the meantime, we are working on ways to re-introduce card payments in a fairer way for all of our customers.
Will card payment be an option in the future?
Yes, we are working to provide card payment options again, and will notify all our customers as soon as we can do this.
What other payment options are there?
You can pay via bank account transfer. It’s reliable and easy to use.
How will not being able to pay by card affect my transfer?
Creating the transfer on our website will not be affected, however you will need to log in to your online banking in order to send the funds to us. Funds sent directly from your bank should take no longer than a few hours to get to us. Once we have received the funds, we will then send your transfer to your recipient.
Please note: The speed of your transfer may be affected, as we need to wait until we receive the money from your bank account into ours. This is particularly relevant if sending for cash pick up service.
Will not paying by card affect the cost of my transfer?
No, this does not affect the cost of your transfer.