Sending money from Uganda

You can transfer money via WorldRemit from Uganda to 130+ destinations across the world. Please scroll below for more information.

For more general information on how WorldRemit works and how you can create a transfer, please visit our Getting Started pages.

How do I pay for my transfer from Uganda?

When sending money from Uganda, you can pay for your transfer using any of the following ways:

  • Account Transfer
  • Mobile Money

What type of document do you accept to verify my identity in Uganda?

For verification of your name and date of birth, we can accept the following:

  • Valid Passport
  • Valid Uganda National ID 
  • Valid Uganda residence permit

As part of the identity verification process, we also request that you upload a selfie picture. 

If we need to verify your address, we can accept the following:

  • Utility bill
  • Landline telephone bill *
  • Mobile telephone bill *
  • Electricity bill *
  • Gas bill *
  • Water bill *
  • Internet bill *
  • Council rates bill *
  • Other documents
  • Bank statement *
  • Any of the above photo ID documents that include your address

* All documents and bills need to be no more than six months old. Documents older than this will not be accepted. Documents must be issued and/or certified by authorities within Uganda. Documents issued and/or certified by authorities from countries other than Uganda will not be accepted.

Why do I need to provide an ID from Uganda?

Every customer needs to have their identity verified at some stage when using WorldRemit. 

How can I send you my ID from Uganda?

Click here to upload your documents now.

Where can I transfer money to from Uganda?

You can transfer money to 140+ destinations in the world. Please refer to our Send To pages for more information.

Is there anything else I need to know about sending from Uganda?

Please remember that:

  • The sender needs to provide the sources of funds
  • The sender can send funds only in Ugandan Shilling (UGX)
  • The maximum send limit is Ugandan Shillings corresponding to $5,000 per day

The type of document we require will vary upon what we need to clarify.

If you are providing photo ID, it needs to include the following:

  • Your photograph
  • Your full name
  • Your date of birth
  • The expiry date (the documents MUST NOT be expired)
  • The two lines of letters and numbers at the bottom of the document (The MRZ)

If you are proving proof of address, it needs to include the following:

  • Your full name
  • Your full current residential address

Please send a high quality image. If the image is unclear we may ask for another copy.

We need to see the full document including all four corners. If we cannot see the full document we may ask for another copy.