- What is a pre-paid card?
- What pre-paid cards can I send to?
- When will funds be available to use?
- What information do I need to provide to send funds to a pre-paid card?
- Will my recipient be charged an additional fee?
- Which countries can I transfer pre-paid card funds to?
What is a pre-paid card?
A pre-paid card is a card that the owner loads with money. The money can then be used to pay for goods or services both online and in store.
The funds on a pre-paid card are not linked to a bank account, but instead a virtual account held by the owner. The cards can be ‘topped-up’ much like a pre-paid mobile phone once the funds are spent.
What pre-paid cards can I send to?
WorldRemit currently offer services to the following pre-paid cards:
When will funds be available to use?
Funds are usually available instantly. In some cases, however, we may require additional information from you for the transaction to go through.
Please see our Verification pages for more information specific to sending a pre-paid card transfer to your recipient.
What information do I need to provide to send funds to a pre-paid card?
To send funds to a pre-paid card, WorldRemit will request the following:
- Mobile number linked to the pre-paid card's account
- Mobile number for contacting the recipient
- Recipient's full name
- City of the recipient's address
Will my recipient be charged an additional fee?
Your recipient will not be charged an additional for having funds loaded onto their pre-paid card by WorldRemit.
Which countries can I transfer pre-paid card funds to?
At the moment WorldRemit offers transfers to pre-paid cards to the following countries: