Send money to Dashen Bank, Ethiopia
Named after the country’s highest peak, Dashen Bank is the largest private bank in Ethiopia and operates more than 400 branches and 350 ATMs across the country.
- Send to checking/current, savings and business accounts with Dashen Bank
- The funds will usually be credited within 1-2 working days
Bank transfers to Dashen Bank in Ethiopia
With WorldRemit, you can send money directly from your bank account to personal and business accounts with Dashen Bank. Once you have created your free WorldRemit account or downloaded the app, all you need are a few details from your recipient to complete the transfer.
You can transfer money to an account with Dashen Bank from more than 50 countries around the world, using any device. The funds will usually be credited within 1-2 working days and you’ll enjoy bank-beating exchange rates and super-low fees.
Send money for cash pickup to Dashen Bank in Ethiopia
A bank transfer is not the only way you can send money to Dashen Bank with WorldRemit. Our cash pickup service allows you to send money that can be collected by your recipient, in cash, from any branch of Dashen Bank across Ethiopia. The real benefit of this transfer method is its speed, as the cash is usually ready within just a few minutes of the transfer being made.
How to transfer money to Dashen Bank, Ethiopia?
Whether you choose to send a bank transfer or money for cash pickup, our transfer process is simple, fast and secure. All you need to do is:
- Select the ‘Bank Transfer’ or ‘Cash Pickup’ service in the blue box on this page
- Enter the amount you want to send
- Sign in or create an account if you haven’t already
- Enter your recipient’s details or choose someone you’ve sent to before
- Choose your payment method and pay online
We’ll send you and your recipient SMS and email notifications when the funds have been credited (bank transfer) or the cash is ready to collect (cash pickup).
What’s the best way to send money to Ethiopia?
That depends on what the transfer is for and how your recipient wants to access the money. There are four different online transfer methods to choose from:
- Bank transfer – Transfer money to personal and business accounts with all the major banks in Ethiopia. It’s a convenient way to support family and friends, pay school fees and make business payments.
- Cash pickup – If a loved one in Ethiopia needs money quickly, sending money for cash pickup is the fastest way to get your cash into their pockets.
- Mobile money – Send money to any Ethiopian mobile phone that’s registered for the CBE Birr service and the funds will usually be available within 1 working day.
- Airtime top up – Our airtime top up service allows you to add credit/talktime to phones on the Ethio Telecom network from thousands of miles away.