Click on any of the following links for more information on sending mobile money transfers to Ecuador:
- Which mobile money accounts can I send to in Ecuador?
- When will funds be credited to mobile money accounts in Ecuador?
- What currencies can I send to mobile money accounts in Ecuador?
- How much can I send to mobile money accounts in Ecuador?
- What information do I need from my recipient to send mobile money to Ecuador?
- What fees does my recipient pay in Ecuador?
Which mobile money accounts can I send to in Ecuador?
You can send to Efectivo mobile money accounts
The mobile money account must be (1) fully registered and (2) active.
When will funds be credited to mobile money accounts in Ecuador?
We will notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are credited. We may sometimes require further information from you before we can process the transfer in order to comply with our regulatory requirements. We will email you if this is the case.
What currencies can I send to mobile money accounts in Ecuador?
US Dollars (USD) only.
How much can I send to mobile money accounts in Ecuador?
- A maximum of USD 500 per transfer.
- A maximum of USD 500 per day.
- A minimum of USD 1 per transfer.
- A monthly limit of USD 9,000.
Your recipient’s Efectivo Mobile Money account can only have a maximum balance of USD 9,000. Please ensure the account has sufficient capacity for your transaction.
What information do I need from my recipient to send mobile money to Ecuador?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full name. To avoid any delays, the recipient’s name should match the name registered on their mobile money account.
- Address. We need your recipient’s state.
- Mobile Money account number:
- Fully registered and active Efectivo Mobile Money accounts only.
- Length: 9 digits in total (excluding country code). Efectivo numbers should begin with 9 and are 9 digits long.
- Contact mobile number. We use this number to send SMS notifications to your recipient when the funds have been credited. This can be different from the mobile account number.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.
What fees does my recipient pay in Ecuador?
WorldRemit does not charge your recipient any additional fees for the mobile money transaction.
However, some local operators may charge them a fee when they withdraw funds as cash. This depends on the mobile operator’s policy and is not determined by WorldRemit.