Head of Product Design
Who we are: we’re global, we’re growing and we’re going to need talent to keep up the pace. We’re making payments simpler for over 4m customers worldwide, in over 90 currencies. We’ve been around for 10 years, disrupting the market with a digital payment platform that aims to make sending money abroad as easy as sending a text message. There’s almost 1,200 of us already hard at work and we love welcoming new people. We’ve got offices across the world, from London to Sydney and 15 locations in between - they’re open for business but right now lots of us are working from home. Want to be part of our global growth story - read on...
Who we’re searching for...
This is a leadership role with responsibility for all Product Design at WorldRemit supported by and reporting into the Director of Customer Experience
You will manage a team of resilient, highly autonomous and purpose driven Product Designers who look to you for guidance, direction and support and will help you:
- Collaborate with various other teams and departments, especially with Research, to formulate an overall design vision and identify areas of improvement for our business and customers.
- Define and drive the Product Design strategy that integrates with, and informs, the broader Product strategy.
- Engage regularly with Senior Leadership where you will effectively represent design, your team’s objectives, learnings, progress and celebrate their achievements.
- Effectively manage, provide progression frameworks and opportunities to engage and retain your team of designers.
- Continue to hire to build a diverse and inclusive world-class product design team, with strong vision on how to scale the team effectively.
- Play a critical role in continuing to grow a healthy design culture.
Have you got what it takes?
- Considerable experience leading, managing, scaling design teams and design strategy
- Experience in building a design library, both front end and tech implementation
- Technical awareness
- Skilled at giving actionable, constructive feedback which enables people to do the best work possible.
- Collaborative and happy to work with various departments across the business, such as engineering, marketing, pricing and commercial to provide unique insight and perspective to the design process.
What you’ll get from us
Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions
25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years
Life assurance worth 3 x your salary
Generous parental leave
Private medical and dental care plans
Cycle to work scheme
Changing the world isn’t easy – so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, and have the drive to make them happen.
We want to talk to you if you can bring to life our values:
- Aim high - We dream big, think bold and go the extra mile
- Embrace challenge - We ask questions, start conversations, and always love to learn
- Do what’s right - We act with integrity, building trust in ourselves and in our business