Head of Product Design
Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money internationally. We’ve taken something complicated and made it as simple as sending a text. And we’re growing. Fast.
To do this, we need to hire bright people who can work autonomously and make the right decisions.
Who we’re searching for...
This is a leadership role with responsibility for all Product Design at WorldRemit supported by and reporting directly to the Chief Product Officer.
You will manage a team of resilient, highly autonomous and purpose driven Product Designers who look to you for guidance, direction and support and will help you:
- Collaborate with various other teams and departments, especially with Research, to formulate an overall design vision and identify areas of improvement for our business and customers.
- Define and drive the Product Design strategy that integrates with, and informs, the broader Product strategy.
- Engage regularly with Senior Leadership where you will effectively represent design, your team’s objectives, learnings, progress and celebrate their achievements.
- Effectively manage, provide progression frameworks and opportunities to engage and retain your team of designers.
- Continue to hire to build a diverse and inclusive world-class product design team, with strong vision on how to scale the team effectively.
- Play a critical role in continuing to grow a healthy design culture.
Have you got what it takes?
- Considerable experience leading, managing, scaling design teams and design strategy
- Experience in building a design library, both front end and tech implementation
- Technical awareness
- Skilled at giving actionable, constructive feedback which enables people to do the best work possible.
- Collaborative and happy to work with various departments across the business, such as engineering, marketing, pricing and commercial to provide unique insight and perspective to the design process.
What’s in it for you…
- Life assurance of 3 times your salary, should the worst happen
- Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions
- Private medical and dental care plans
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years
- No formal dress code
Oh and of course we’ll pay you every month, at a competitive rate.
Changing the world isn’t easy – so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, and have the drive to make them happen.
We want to talk to you if you can bring to life our values:
- Aim high - We dream big, think bold and go the extra mile
- Embrace challenge - We ask questions, start conversations, and always love to learn
- Do what’s right - We act with integrity, building trust in ourselves and in our business