Want to help us change the way the world moves money?
We build high tech services that allow people to send and receive money easily. Our customers are mostly migrants, sending money home to their families and friends in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
Today only 5% of the remittance market is online – with a large proportion of the industry operating through informal untracked networks. Yet online is predicted to grow to 60% in the next 5-6 years and WorldRemit is driving that shift.
By reducing costs and freeing up time we enable people to make the most of the opportunities that their new life abroad provides and help to release the billions of dollars lost in transferring money to the developing world. This money goes directly to those who need it.
Why do we care about money transfers so much?
Most of our customers are first or second generation migrants. They may be living and working far from their home but still manage to send money back to support their loved ones.
Large international wire transfer companies and banks have been taking advantage of people like this by charging preposterous fees and unfair rates.
With the World Bank estimating $575 billion annually flowing into developing countries - transforming the remittance industry could have a greater impact on international development than every single government aid program combined.
WorldRemit is using innovative technology and growing it’s a global network to make transferring money easier, fairer and more affordable.
How are we doing so far?
- WorldRemit has grown at an average 50% year on year
- We're now processing over £1.5bn of remittances on an annualised basis
- The recently company went through its Series C financing and raised $40m, over $230m in total
- The company currently employees over 600 employees and has offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong and other locations
- Funded by VCs behind companies such as Airbnb, Spotify, Netflix and Facebook
- Covering 140+ countries across the globe
At the heart of all this is our Engineering function who are looking for a Full Stack developer to join our platform team and help work on our payments, fraud and compliance assistance and third-party API integrations using machine learning techniques. You will be focusing 80% on backend and 20% on the frontend.
You’ll help the team to:
Some things about you
Complete this application form to apply for this job.