Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. We’ve taken something complicated and made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click on our website and your international transfer is made – to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. Founded in 2010, we send international remittances from 50 countries to more than 150 countries and we continue to expand our footprint.
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard bit, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators and payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
WorldRemit has grown on average by 50% year on year and is now processing over £3bn of remittances on an annualised basis. We have raised c.$200 million in funding, currently employ over 750 employees and have offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong and other locations.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, more accessible money transfers. That means building better products and services for our customers.
Changing the world isn’t easy – so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, and have the drive to make them happen. We aim to attract, retain and develop people that can bring to life our values:
You can learn more about our culture and how we work by watching this video on our Careers page
About the Role
As the business and team grow and expand, we are in the lookout for an Online Marketing Manager with strong paid search credentials who is determined to grow the business with us. You will be working very closely with the different channel managers, from SEO, to affiliates, to display and social media. We want to ensure everybody in the team has an optimal level of marketing excellence, so you will be encouraged to expand your digital expertise and to have a good holistic view of how the different channels work together.
We work in a very dynamic environment where change is the constant and new exciting projects come up all the time: you will need to be able to identify patterns and opportunities, think at scale and prioritise tasks by their impact on business goals
This role reports to our Senior SEM manager, with dotted lines to our Head of Online Marketing, and there is potential for professional development as the team grows further. With campaigns covering multiple languages and regions, your input will be key to get us to the next level of growth and optimisation.
- Plan, optimise, implement and manage the company's worldwide pay-per-click campaigns within defined performance objectives.
- Develop new campaigns in multiple languages as we expand our product offering and the territories in which our services are offered.
- Work with the latest technology and advertising platforms including DoubleClick Search, AdWords, Bing Ads, Yahoo Japan and Apple Search Ads. You will be expected to spearhead the launch of any additional platforms that may be relevant.
- A/B test ad copy and landing pages to drive optimal performance, while taking into account the behavioural nuances of our customers and prospective customers.
- Coming up with new, fresh ideas on processes and products, and on how to improve the company’s results.
- Consistently monitoring results against targets, in line with the budgeted spend.
- Keep up-to-date with current technologies and initiatives relevant to online marketing.
- Work closely with other channel managers (which will give you a full view of marketing) and get involved in SEO projects (full view of search).
- Opportunity to develop within the business and take ownership of the PPC channel as we grow our teams regionally and globally.
Summary of required experience & attributes
- Results-driven, numeric and analytical – stays focused.
- Strong attention to detail while retaining the capacity to see the wider picture.
- Good communication skills to translate technical jargon and data into knowledge that is actionable for the wider team.
- Ability to identify patterns and opportunities, think at scale and prioritise tasks by impact on business goals.
- Adaptable self-starter with a ‘can-do, hands-on’ approach.
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work autonomously and as part of team.
- Proactive, willing to learn and to voice and adopt new ideas.
- Must be fluent in English, especially written. Additional languages (French, Spanish, others) are encouraged.
- At least one year’s experience in a similar role managing PPC campaigns, preferably across multiple countries and/or languages.
- Proven results working with Google Adwords - specifically building and optimising paid search campaigns
- Excellent understanding of DoubleClick Search (or other PPC management tools), Google Analytics, and Bing is essential.
- Good knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint to analyse trends in search data and report back to the business.
- Highly numerate and able to easily interpret large portions of data to assess marketing campaigns (a degree in Mathematics, Physics or similar would be ideal).
- Understanding the core KPI's and how the marketing channel mix works.
- Experience with dynamic campaigns, feed optimisation, re-targeting lists, call tracking and A/B testing.
Start Date: ASAP
- Life assurance of 3 times your salary, should the worst happen.
- Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions.
- Private medical and dental care plans.
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years.
- Free breakfast and fruit every day and Friday ‘afternoon tea’ drinks and nibbles.
- No formal dress code.