Who are we?
WorldRemit is the global FinTech success story that has been described as "the WhatsApp of Money" (Business Insider) and "Changing the world of remittances" (BBC).
Backed by leading Silicon Valley investors, our app and website helps people send money to friends and relatives in more than 140 countries. We’re a high-volume business – our customers send hundreds of thousands of transfers every month – and we’re growing fast.
As the business and team grow and expand, we are in the lookout for an Online Marketing Executive with strong paid search credentials who is determined to grow the business with us. You will be working very closely with the different channel managers, from SEO, to affiliates, to display and social media. We want to ensure everybody in the team has an optimal level of marketing excellence, so you will be encouraged to expand your digital expertise and to have a good holistic view of how the different channels work together.
We work in a very dynamic environment where change is the constant and new exciting projects come up all the time: you will need to be able to identify patterns and opportunities, think at scale and prioritise tasks by their impact on business goals
This role reports to our Senior SEM manager, with dotted lines to our Head of Online Marketing, and there is potential for professional development as the team grows further. With campaigns covering multiple languages and regions, your input will be key to get us to the next level of growth and optimisation.
- Plan, optimise, implement and manage the company's worldwide pay-per-click campaigns within defined performance objectives.
- Develop new campaigns in multiple languages as we expand our product offering and the territories in which our services are offered.
- Work with the latest technology and advertising platforms including DoubleClick Search, AdWords, Bing Ads, Yahoo Japan and Apple Search Ads. You will be expected to spearhead the launch of any additional platforms that may be relevant.
- A/B test ad copy and landing pages to drive optimal performance, while taking into account the behavioural nuances of our customers and prospective customers.
- Coming up with new, fresh ideas on processes and products, and on how to improve the company’s results.
- Consistently monitoring results against targets, in line with the budgeted spend.
- Keep up-to-date with current technologies and initiatives relevant to online marketing.
- Work closely with other channel managers (which will give you a full view of marketing) and get involved in SEO projects (full view of search).
- Opportunity to develop within the business and take ownership of the PPC channel as we grow our teams regionally and globally.
- Results-driven, numeric and analytical – stays focused.
- Strong attention to detail while retaining the capacity to see the wider picture.
- Good communication skills to translate technical jargon and data into knowledge that is actionable for the wider team.
- Ability to identify patterns and opportunities, think at scale and prioritise tasks by impact on business goals.
- Adaptable self-starter with a ‘can-do, hands-on’ approach.
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work autonomously and as part of team.
- Proactive, willing to learn and to voice and adopt new ideas.
- Must be fluent in English, especially written. Additional languages (French, Spanish, others) are encouraged.
- At least one year’s experience in a similar role managing PPC campaigns, preferably across multiple countries and/or languages.
- Proven results working with Google Adwords - specifically building and optimising paid search campaigns
- Excellent understanding of DoubleClick Search (or other PPC management tools), Google Analytics, and Bing is essential.
- Good knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint to analyse trends in search data and report back to the business.
- Highly numerate and able to easily interpret large portions of data to assess marketing campaigns (a degree in Mathematics, Physics or similar would be ideal).
- Understanding the core KPI's and how the marketing channel mix works.
- Experience with dynamic campaigns, feed optimisation, re-targeting lists, call tracking and A/B testing.